TemplePlus Wishlist Thread

Discussion in 'TemplePlus' started by Sitra Achara, Sep 19, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

Re: Top 15 annoyances in ToEE

If you had the Quicken spell feat would it be possible to cast the spell and use a Wand of Magic Missiles in the same round?

2. relic

relic Established Member

@Pygmy and sirchet:

What?!? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! I always thought it was a hard-coded engine limitation because the level cap was at 10. I had no idea it was in the 3.5 rule set. When you play PnP, do you follow this rule, or do you go old school and use 1 missile for every 2 levels?

@Gehennis: That would be an awesome workaround and deadly if you could blast 10 magic missiles in one round! I wonder if it's possible?

3. Borsook

Borsook Established Member

I think it was like that in 3.0 also, if memory serves. And I for one liked the change. 5 magic missiles makes the spell good, but not overpowered, 1st level spell shouldn't be too powerful imho.

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Certainly if the Magic Missile spell is quickened.

Casting a quickened spell is a free action. You can perform another action, even casting another spell, in the same round as you cast a quickened spell. You may cast only one quickened spell per round. A spell whose casting time is more than 1 full round action cannot be quickened. A quickened spell uses up a spell slot four levels higher than the spell’s actual level.

5. Borsook

Borsook Established Member

Coming back to annoyances in ToEE - I got used to this one so did not voice it here before - this is a game that includes an Iron Man mode and has a bug that makes it useless...

6. ithildur

ithildur Established Member

Magic Missile is capped at 5 missiles in 2e, 3e, 3.5e. Not sure about 1e, but guessing it was also capped. Which 'old school' version have you played where you get a missile every other level?

7. zugschef

zugschef Established Member

Take the broken Tower as an example. There are always the same opponents, yet I never get the same amount of XP for defeating them.

The XP table is based upon CR compared to the level of the party. To determine how much XP a single PC gets after an encounter, you look up the chart and start in the line with the PC's individual level and find the Number in the column for the individual CR of a single opponent. Then you divide this amount of XP through the members of the party. Repeat until there are no opponents left. Then you add all the numbers up to get your final result.

As you can see, there is no random element in determining how much XP you get for a specific encounter.

You do realize that that's the exact opposite of the action that I am complaining about. I'm talking about getting stuff out of your inventory (e.g. selling loot, putting stuff into your extraplanar chest, etc.) not getting stuff into it.

The summons -- in short -- suck after level 10. That's because you can't use the summoning spells to get access to spell-like abilities. And that's like the only spell available to the conjuration school for sorcerers/wizards after spell level 5. You'd like at least three spells of every school for every level to choose from.

Yes. But there is no Trip (Ex) ability in the game. Wolves should have it and not having it makes them horribly underpowered. The same problem goes with bears who should have Improved Grab (Ex) which allows them to freely initiate a grapple upon a successfull claw attack.

8. blakdeth

blakdeth Member

Other games use CTRL left click to quickly sell/buy stuff.
    Don't know if it would be implementable here, but it would be nice.

9. Zalmoxes

Zalmoxes Forest Guardian

Pet hate gotta be the lack of interraction with objects, i.e. with a decent strength you should be able to bash open a chest, a door, etc... Move objects around,chairs, tables, etc ( not really an annoyance, more a desire really)
    Minor one would be attacking flying creatures ( harpy, styrge ) . How an earth is a Halfling yay small, armed with a dagger, able to hit a harpy flying well above his/her reach? In my mind I always RP by attacking flying creatures only with range weapons.

10. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

IIRC , 'Magic missile is no longer a machine-gun at higher levels' was given as an example of changes to existing spells in the 'what's different in 2nd Edition' supplement that came with Dragon 150ish when 2nd ed was announced.
    You can certainly cast 10 in a round now by using a quickened then a regular MM spell- since the quickened spell doesn't affect you remaining actions I guess using a wand or scroll afterwards would also be okay.

My main niggles: at low levels, having to chase undead round Emridy meadows after turning them (and also the fact that the undead appear one at a time in serial combats, thus avoiding spells like grease and web which are about all you have against them at the time. Oh, and skeletons and zombies making use of both AoOpportunity and 5' steps more effectively than some supposedly intelligent opponents).

Also- the shopping/ looting thing. It would be great to be able to shift-click all items I want to sell and then 'sell all'. Some sort of mechanic for the PnP approach of "We loot the bodies, paying particular attention to fine armour and weapons, potions,scrolls etc, and jewellery. We stick all the breastplates in a sack so we can carry them easily, and leave the small steel shields cos they aren't worth the effort" would be nice. Being asked if I want to split groups of items every time is annoying too- I'd rather the default was all, and some other way of splitting was available.

The pathfinding glitch that means that I always have a PC wander alone into the room with the Greater temple bugbear and the ogre near the Elf prison at the N end of level 2, with the rest of the party miles away used to annoy me, but now it's often an unexpected and fun challenge.

11. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I find it annoying that I must first buy an item before I know if a character can use it without a penalty.

It would be nice to shift click for info before I buy it.

12. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

It is annoying that NPCs wont drop their stuff so I can upgrade it. For instance, Elmo. Wont drop his armor or Weapon, so I cant upgrade them, or replace them. Sure I could give him an additional set of armor, but then he would be lugging around an extra set of chainmail limiting what he can carry. Is there a way we can take care of this with out killing him, taking his stuff, and raising him. We should be able to take the stuff if he is knocked out, but that dont work either.

13. Alchemist

Alchemist Member

what i do is that i kill them, take their stuff and bring them back to life.. the game isn't complaining (where the pop-up message says it can't be remove from npc's blah blah blah) so i guess that's a good thing.. try it you'll see ;)

14. zugschef

zugschef Established Member

Ah yes! I've forgotten about that issue. That's annoying as hell.

15. maalri

maalri Immortal

Keep in mind that the Harpy or Stirge has to come down, into range of the Hafling, to attack. In my Role-Playing mind, that is when the Hero's attack happens.

Our Host!