My Band's Video

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by maggit, Dec 31, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

MOAR shameless self-advertising. We've released a short promo of the album. Also, there are some news in the blog section of our myspace. And since we've recently won a contest which lets us record another record, we decided to go add new tracks to the album. :p So... it won't come out for a few more months I guess. Anyway, feel free to check the promo out. ;)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Sounds intriguing ... a bit of a departure from your earlier sound, imo. Is that electronic modulation on the first track, or guitar feedback? Would be interesting if you did some experimenting with electronics ...

Good call on putting Price in the mix too. Looking forward to this. :thumbsup:

3. maggit

It's electronic. My first (two) ambient track(s). :p The third is Daniel's. Well, the songs themselves won't have electronics in them unless we decide to add something. ;) As for the sound - yeah, well, we finally decided how we wanted to sound. We used (mostly) our own stuff at the studio, so it should be close to how we sound live. :)

If we have time we'll re-record 'Price' but it would be nice to keep the old one, it has sentimental value to me, despite the audible difference in sound.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  4. Gaear

What did you use for the electronics?

Is the record being mixed/mastered to maximize perceived volume? If so, maybe they could remaster Price while they're at it.

5. maggit

Cool edit, the built-in metronome, some of my own samples (recorded my guitar and used a bow, recorded some bass feedback and noise, etc.) and some samples from freesound.org. What can I say, I'm an amateur when it comes to electronics. The authors of the samples are going to be credited on the CD of course.

As for the album - it's being mixed the way we want it, that is, to preserve dynamic range, etc. We don't want it to sound like most of the 'loudness war' albums. And, if we don't record a new version of 'Price' we'll give it to them during the mixing of the second recording session. But that's still at least a few months ahead of us. I'm kind of sad, but still I'm looking forward to it. ;)

After winning the contest we thought of releasing what we have as a full length album (as was the original plan) but we didn't have a cover ready yet and the person who agreed to do it for us needed more time, so we figured we should use that time in the best way possible. And even if we recorded and released a follow up after the first one, it would probably be an EP, and a short one at that. So, we figured there's no point in dividing the stuff into two, and just went for the idea of one longer album. Besides, as winners we get 200 copies of our album released for free. Not a crazily big amount but still, that's more than we initially planned. :p

EDIT:
    Now, when I kind of think of it... it's all very loud, not as loud as Queens of the Stone Age's 'Songs for the Deaf' (one of the loudest albums I know), but still there are some dynamic range changes, though.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  6. Gaear

That's cool about the 200 free copies. What contest did you win, btw?

7. maggit

Oh, right. :p Didn't tell. There was a contest for local bands two weeks ago. It was called 'The Battle of Sound 2010' (loosely translated). The main prize was a free recording session at a studio and the said 200 copies of the album.

8. Gaear

Was it a competition type thing where Mindsedge won out or did you draw straws or something? That's actually a damn cool prize, regardless. :thumbsup:

9. maggit

Well, there were eight bands, each had around 40 minutes to set up and play a short set and then a jury would pick the winner. ;)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  10. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

Congrats! You've worked hard and your music is great. Looking forward to getting the cd.

11. maggit

12. Gaear

Like it. :thumbsup:

13. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Good Stuff! :)

14. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

You've grown :)

15. sirchet