Qwert's Beta Fanfix ver 1.2 Feedback.....

Discussion in 'Negative Energy Plane' started by qwert_44643, Sep 28, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. qwert_44643

qwert_44643 Member

*The instakker worked great for me.
    *The Uninstaller worked well as well.
    *The chain gloves and boots worked correctly.

***Im still only able to get MW items through dialogue with the blacksmith....none available in the merchants inventory,some are still missing as well.

She's shaping up guys good job.
    qwert

2. qwert_44643

qwert_44643 Member

One thing im noticing is it may just be me but it almost seems the game is slower.....performance hit but as i stated it maybe just me.
    qwert

3. Nomad_Wanderer

Nomad_Wanderer Established Member Veteran

I'll look into that.. Thanks for testing.

4. Miravlix

Miravlix Member

There is some slowdown bugs in he game.

Server Slowdown:

I have a NG Party save where it takes 1+ min to travel from Nulb to Hommlet. Resting takes days before it is done.

Minor slowdown:

The game doesn't run at the same speed all the time, sometimes opening animations studder and in game graphics is slow, other times everything is fine.

5. Nomad_Wanderer

Nomad_Wanderer Established Member Veteran

I haven't noticed this yet.

The only thing I can say is try un-install the patch and try repeating the steps you outline..

If the slowdown is still there, then re-install the patch, and blame atari/troika.

If the slowdown is not there, re-install the patch, and repeat the tests..

6. Garner

Garner Member

Just noticed something, the scroll Hold Portal doesnt scribe for me, using v1.2. Add it to the list of spells to fix?

7. Mynex

Mynex Member Veteran

Got this one as well, Hold Portal is definately NOT scribing. I made a new party after installing clean the game and the patch.

Haven't advanced them yet enough to provide feedback on anything other fixes.

One thing I'd like to note though, in the Masterwork dialogue, there is no option for a MW Longsword under martial. There's a host of weapons actually missing (not sure if they're missing from the game though, will investigate more)...

Was this by design? Having different vendors provide different MW items and just not populated to the rest of the vendors yet? (I'd vote to do it that way... prevent the 'one stop shopping' stuff).

Overall, looks good though, nice and clean install, no 'hiccups' in game play I've noticed yet...

Oh, reminds me... did the Weaver Quest fix get added into this? (i.e. the missing commander to ask about joining the watch for him?)

My thoughts on things...

8. Chris Woods

Chris Woods Member

I had missed a few scrolls in my first pass, but they sohul dbe scribing now correctly. Went through and verified each one with the manual open in my lap (as opposed to DnD memory, which is why I missed junk like Hold Port)

I beleive 1.3 has all those fixed included. I'm 100% confident all wizard scrolls scribe right in v1.3

Chris Woods

9. Garner

Garner Member

Just leveled up my Wizard, and Hold Portal isn't available to learn. So, either the inclusion of the scroll is an oversight (hey Chris, wanna turn it into something useful?) or the V1.2 fixes have overwritten the spell but not the scroll.

I'm betting oversight on Troika's part. Besides, I cant see much use for the spell in the game thus far.

Our Host!