Traitorous traders!

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by nitewolf, Sep 27, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. nitewolf

nitewolf Packleader

I have the latest Co8 (8.1.0), and I just sold Lareth's boots to Gremag. I followed dialogue to start a fight with him, but as soon as I hurt him or Rannos, we fall out of combat, and I can barter with him. If I happen to kill either of them, the other falls out of combat, and tells me how the dead one was his friend, and they will get revenge. I can then talk to the survivor, and barter, etc., with their friend lying on the floor, blood seeping on the wood work!!!

I just want to set up the Nulb House fight!

Help!

-Thanks

2. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

After you sold the boots, did you fight the assassin in the wilderness 1st?

3. nitewolf

nitewolf Packleader

Yes, I think that's why i could accuse them for sending the Assassin.

4. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

After you fought the assassin, and got the note from him, did you show the note to Burne?

5. short

short Member

That encounter is, as far as I know, bugged. I've probably played it with 5-6 different parties lately and it never worked on the first try. Either combat stops and they act like nothing (like you described) or they keep saying things like "Raimol, help me out with this guy" or "No, death is not part of my plan" over and over. The only way around it that I've found is to reload and try again until it works. What's supposed to happen is they go invisible and run away. You also get a "Target of revenge" entry in your logbook under the reputation tab. If you try several times it will eventually work, at least it always has for me.

6. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Would you happen to have an NPC in the leftmost party slot in the bottom of the screen?

7. short

short Member

If you're asking me, then no, I do not.

8. nitewolf

nitewolf Packleader

And for me, no, no npcs at all. Party of 8.

And no, i have not shown the note to Burne. Should I?

I have started a new party (I do that a lot, as new configurations occur to me), and will see what happens this time.

9. Sitra Achara

Thanks, I can confirm that it doesn't reliably work. For some reason I have better luck when Gremag triggers it than Rannos Davl. Will look into it when I get the time.

10. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

I always show the note to Burne, and he gives me the quest to investigate, then I always attack Gremag 1st. I dont think I have ever had an issue with this method.

11. Sitra Achara

12. nitewolf

nitewolf Packleader

Thanks!

13. Kharagh

Kharagh Established Member

I have never experienced the Nulb fight. I have rarely succeeded in getting the traders to fight me without just attacking them first. The one time I did get them to attack me, the Nulb fight never happened. Hopefully this file will help.

14. chano

chano Established Member

I have also had these problems quite a few times so i Always save right Before starting the fight and then just reload

15. short

short Member

The Nulb fight has always worked, as far as I know. Have you done the following:
    a) Sold Lareth's boots to the traders
    b) Killed the assassin they send after you
    c) Confronted the traders with the assassination attempt and chosen the dialog option to attack them ("You have deceived me for the last time" or similar, depends who you're talking to)
    d) Let them escape from the fight so you get the "Target of revenge" entry under "Reputations" in your logbook
    e) Bought the house in Nulb
    f) Leveled your party up to at least level 7

The fight should now have a (I think 25%) chance to happen every time you enter the house.

I pretty sure those are all the conditions.

Our Host!