Curses!! Poss Spoilers

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by UncleBuck, Sep 13, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. UncleBuck

UncleBuck Member

Here are a few things that are making my current play thru as a NE party cursed difficult. Trying to do all the caves quests, which is difficult enough.

1. Cursed Luckstone --
    can't drop it, use it, sell it, or transfer it. Tried casting Remove Curse on my bard carrying it, didn't work. How do I get rid of it??

2. Spell Object Cloudkill --
    possibly related to the cursed luckstone since my bard has this thing. The party is nowhere near high enough level to to cast cloudkill, so how did one of them get a non transferable object?? Weighs 10 lbs (just enough to encumber my poor bard), so I can't just ignore it. How do I get rid of it??

3. Unstable Rock Face --
    Whenever I try to climb to the higher caves, my party can't. Gets message about the rock face being unstable. I can work around this through the backdoor, but is there away to fix/prevent the rock face problem??

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

1. Remvoe Curse should work, sorry.

2. Spell Object Cloudkill is probably a bug from a new spell, I think - any new spells used lately (like Tongues or such)? No idea why it weighs 10lb.

3. You don't get to progress (except by the back door) without getting the Kobold and Goblin marks. Its to stop players going straight to the SoEC on arrival. That's not cricket :)

3. UncleBuck

UncleBuck Member

Alright then. Remove curse doesn't work if cast from another PC, will have to get a scroll and see if my bard can use it on himself. The bard has used Tongues on himself, so I guess that is how he got the spell object. I have completed the quests for the goblins and kobolds. Thought I got their marks. Have to go back and check those.

4. UncleBuck

UncleBuck Member

Update -- Not sure why, but KotB is not loading properly. After the opening animation, the screen goes blank except for a small corner in the upper left side of the screen. Can't load a saved game or start a new one. Is there a fix for this or do I have to reload everything?? If so, will I assume I lose my saved games. Also, how do you bring up the command prompt in game?? I didn't remember correctly and guess I may have his something that screwed up the game.

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

You could try re-activating the module, it will keep your saves for you.

When you say command prompt are you referring to the console?

The console is brought up by hitting the shift and tilde, (~) key at the same time, (American keyboards). I usually hold down shift and press tilde, the same key combination will exit the console.

6. haakaem

haakaem Member

When my bard cast Disguise Self, the cloudkill object appeared in his inventory. Also, once cast, the spell never turns off.

7. Shiningted

Ok... the object is meant to turn up (but not hang around once the spell is finished, or weigh so much), it's how the spell works. I'm surprised it's not turning off as I tested that spell and was happy with the results (as was the smart fella who made it) but there's a bug there somewhere, so we'll fix it. Thanks for getting back to me guys, at least I know which spells it is :)

8. Solorian

Solorian Member

Has this been fixed yet :thumbsdow ??? ....I have just rebuilt 3 PC's :roll: because of this bug but my favorite NPC Elmo still has it and the Cowherd or Jarooo options dont work for him :dizzy:

9. Shiningted

Ummmm? Elmo, Jaroo etc are in ToEE, you're in the KotB forum....

10. arius

arius Member

I hate to necro a thread this old, but was a fix ever implemented to deal with removing a cursed luckstone? I have it on my half-orc fighter.

Some possible workarounds I've pursued:

1) just spawn in a real luckstone with the console to counteract the effects of the cursed one. No dice. The cursed stone -1's override everything.
    2) again use the console but just to award yourself an item that gives +1 to all saves like the +1 resistance cloak (or maybe a +2 if you rightfully already owned a +1, which was my case).
    3) Killing the character, deleting and remaking them. I'm afraid to do this mainly because I'm not savvy on the console commands to level them back up with the exact XP amount they had. I've also read that I should avoid using the console as it can have negative repercussions.

Seems like 2) is the safest option? But now I have a permanent placeholder in that characters backpack. Kind of annoying..

11. Shiningted

Try this (put it in your data/scr folder in place of the current file) and try casting Remove Curse again. Apologies for this, no idea how it got through testing as this is the only cursed item I added and I remember testing it!!!

Attached Files:

12. arius

arius Member

Seems to have worked well. Many thanks for your support Ted :)

Our Host!