Hi all! *waves*

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ranth, Sep 8, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

I hope everyone is doing well! I have moved to Oklahoma for a new job that I love and I thought of all of the good times I had with TOEE and wanted to stop by and say hello. To be honest, I haven't played TOEE in a long time. In all honesty I have never played my revamped golden skull expansion ever since it takes such a commitment to get my group to a high enough level and it is grindfest though content I know too well.

Has anyone else noticed that they have less passion to play games as they grow older? Maybe its just videogames these days, but nothing grabs me anymore.

Hope everyone is doing great!

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Glad you popped in Ranth. If you get a chance to look at the 8.1.0 version of the modpack you'll see that grinding is certainly an option, but not required to hit very high levels.

KotB is released and that adventure is set for low level characters.

I can't see eye to eye with you on not enjoying games as I get older, maybe because I've been so freaking old for so long I've forgotten what it's like to be young. ;) heh heh

Check the new stuff out and it's always good to see you around.

3. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

What do you mean that grinding is an option? Maybe I should have been more clear. By grinding I do not mean resting in an area for random encounters. It means going through all of the stuff I know all too well. And, if I am correct, I believe I need to finish the temple before Verb with 8.1 correct? I have always disliked the temple for some reason, it always felt too linear.

Have you been following Pillars of Eternity? It looks nice for a real time RPG. The thing I want to do most in it is get a keep for my party. Once you do that you can send NPC's out on quests for you and you don't know if they will ever come back. That sounds like a lot of fun for me; partly because I tried to get the tower/keep to become the PC's in TOEE.

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

The only thing I dislike about pillars of eternity is I can't have it now, right now, I don't want to wait anymore!

But, I'll just have to be patient. Oh, and yeah I've been following it, backed it from the beginning. :)

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Hey Ranth! :wave:

6. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Hey Ranth!

It's indeed harder to play games when you get older, since it requires a significant time investment that's harder to commit up front.

But, if you want to fast forward ToEE, you can type:

Code:
    from t import *
    quickstart(5)
    And it will autokill and autoloot any vanilla area you enter :)

Our Host!