Circle of Eight Modpack v8 Final General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Pygmy, Sep 16, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

Re: ToEE Front-End X 4.0 Discussion Thread

I'm having some trouble with wonnilon. In both of my 8.0.1 playthroughs, after rescuing him from his prison cell in level 1, wonnilon stays there and never goes to his hideout. Every time I go back to level 1, wonnilon is in his prison cell, but does display the new dialogue as if I had rescued him and he is talking to me in his hideout.

In verbobonc, I can leave the drainage tunnels via the exit to the city hall, but if I unlock the doors in city hall to access the blue stairs icon back to the tunnels, I can click on it but my characters don't appear to be able to use it. It seems as if the stairs from city hall to tunnels is broken. Tunnels to city hall works as a one-way road.

EDIT

For the Under Attack from Underground quest, while running through verbo my first time again, I got to the house that leads to nybble before I met prince zook. I was able to immediately talk to nybble and get the quest started. I believe Zook is the original quest giver, correct? I feel like it would be better to lock out access to nybbles dialogue options that lead to the quest until you have accepted it from Zook.

And on the drainage tunnels again. They are huge, and I actually enjoy this. But besides from the quest down there and Lhizeas, it seems to be a bit empty. And even though I DID enjoy walking through every corridor until I revealed the entire map, it still lacked content. Would we be able to add more NPCs/enemies/quests to the tunnels at some point? If so, I would be more than willing to contribute ideas.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  2. WinstonShnozwick

Encountered two more things.

First, extraplanar chest with gem horde in it causes gem thrones to appear on the map, and I lose the chest if I remove gems.

Second, there is a solid black line running up and down the east side of the screen in hickory branch. Is this a graphical bug?

Attached Files:

3. edmortimer

edmortimer Occupy Wall Street

Re: ToEE Front-End X 4.0 Discussion Thread

For the first time I also am having the same issue with Wonnilon. He is staying in his cell, though he thinks he's in his hideout. All my other playthroughs of v8.0.1 Wonnilon went to his cell.

Just confirming the issue is not unique to Winston.

4. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

I only have that problem with Wonnilon if I retrieve his gear before talking to him and give it to him during our initial conversation.

5. WinstonShnozwick

I have done that both times, so the Wonnilon bug may be specific to retreiving his gear and giving it to him first.

Could somebody test a save with wonnilon where they get his gear to him AFTER they rescue him to see if he does go to his hideout?

6. edmortimer

edmortimer Occupy Wall Street

Ah, that IS indeed what I did differently this time -- I was rushing through that bit, having no intention to deal with Wonnilon at all after freeing him. There must be a script glitch if you take that dialog path.

7. chano

chano Established Member

Just a small bug thing,, maybe its old and unfixable but here goes.
    When taking Otis stuff and then later on asking him to join , if done at night inside he has his stuff back but if done at day outside he joins in his underwear.

8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Random underwear appearances are probably my favorite feature of ToEE. ;)

9. ihateregistering

ihateregistering Member

How many quests are there in the NC that make me add 2 or more NPCs to the party? So far I came across the 3 fugitives quest and the guide says the sewer quest with missing children requires two spots as well... I play with single PC so NPC slots are in short supply.. so far i have 3 npcs so its all good but I want to add another but at the same time don't want to keep dumping 1 to make room...

10. pmowe0

pmowe0 Member

Having trouble getting the mod to work. Does not appear in front end and when I download it I have to choose a program to open the file as the computer does not associate it with other programs.

11. Gaear

What is the downloaded file called, including extensions?

12. pmowe0

pmowe0 Member

Its this file I downloaded:

Circle_of_Eight_Modpack_8.0.0_New_Content_Edition_Setup[1]
    type of file:
    0_NEW_CONTENT_EDITION_SETUP[1] File (.0_New_Content_Edition_Setup[1])

I tried downloading the patch which starts but then it tells me there are no add ons available in the front end.
    Thanks

13. Gaear

Your system is reading the file extension wrong. The installation utility is an executable, so it should be Circle_of_Eight_Modpack_8.0.0_New_Content_Edition_ Setup.exe. It's possible your system doesn't like the periods in 8.0.0.

I think you could just rename the file to anything and it should still work.

14. pmowe0

pmowe0 Member

Fantastic, it works, thanks for your help

15. Xebx

Xebx Member

I have a problem with 8.1.0. The game freezes after the intro, just when this message appears: "Loading protos (Cleaning old) and then I must press ctrl+alt + del to exit.

Sorry my english...and thanks for your work.

Our Host!