traders not running away

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Ha-Ha, Jun 28, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ha-Ha

Ha-Ha Member

i can't get the traders to flee after exposing them with the assasination letter. combat starts, i damage one of them and on the next turn he sotps the fight to tell me they are gonna flee.
    at this point two possible things happen:
    if the man at arms is still alive, combat resume as soon as they stop talking, and the will endlessy pause-->tell runaway lines-->resume combat
    if the man at arms is dead the combat end, and i can talk to them like nothing happened, i can trade and i can hire the dead body of the man at arms.
    modpack is 8.0.1
    any idea on how to solve this

2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Do you have an NPC in the leftmost party slot by any chance?

3. Ha-Ha

Ha-Ha Member

no npc in left slot. it seems it was ano one-of-a-kind bug, it persisted when reloading old saves in the same game, but it disappeared when restarting toee.

now i have the problem that verbobonc does not appear on the map list of locations, so i can't return there. This time restarting toee is not solving it.

4. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

I seem to remember that Verbobonc not being added to the list of locations on your world map was a bug associated with the Co8 modpack 8.0.0 that was fixed with the version 8.0.1 patch, so I suspect that you haven't updated the modpack to version 8.0.1.

In order to update the modpack to version 8.0.1, download patch 8.0.1 from the following link:

http://www.co8.org/forum/showpost.php?p=116174&postcount=3

Then install it into your ToEE main folder. Then run TFE-X and click on the Add-Ons button and activate the 8.0.1 patch.

If none of that helps, then enter the following console command to add Verbobonc to the list of locations on your world map (note: you open/close the console by pressing the ~ key (Shift `)):

game.areas[14] = 1

5. Ha-Ha

Ha-Ha Member

thanks, i already had 8.0.1, the console command fixed it

Our Host!