Status Report

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Sep 12, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. BenWH

BenWH BGPHughes

weird thing is I can't even see where that thread is hidden - been checking back here and the KoB threads like a hawk....

Anyway, super news. Off we go to download...

2. cacaro

cacaro Member

I actually checked this thread daily till last week, then the mod got released right after I stopped checking lol

Anyway, I can't believe it's finally out! Downloading right now!

3. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

I'll be downloading this weekend. I don't dare try it on a work night...

4. Fabio Andrea Rossi

Fabio Andrea Rossi Member

You made my day, downloading now! Gosh, I am checking this page daily and I still missed the good news...guys, if you will ever run something kickstartery about one of these mods I'll be your faithful backer and preacher...if I don't miss the page, I mean :roll:

5. Anteac

Anteac Member

I came on by the forum in the hope of some progress and saw the news of a version release! Fantastic work!

Guess I'll be buying a cheap pc to try this out on and try to boot up the old scratched ToEE disk, ehh? Well done on the persistence! (or is it perseverance?) I'm out of date, but thanks shiningted and anyone else involved :)

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

The GoG version (link above) should be good for modern PCs and inexpensive. Hope you have fun :)

7. Zoroastre

Zoroastre Member

Hurray! :thumbsup:

Thanks A LOT!

and btw, is there a "suggested donation" for this? if I click the "donate" button does that goes to the developers?

Jean-Pierre

8. Shiningted

The 'donate button goes to the guys hosting these, who actually have to pay for the bandwidth we are all using for free. Suggested donation is 'lots' ;)

9. Marceror

Marceror Established Member

Congratulations on finally reaching the finish line with this Ted! I'm looking forward to trying it out sometime soon.

10. Shiningted

Enjoy :wave:

Now....

STATUS OF THE PATCH:

The official release date for the Patch is 8/8/14.

You WILL be required to start a new game for it, as it changes some things in the Outer Bailey that will crash any save game where you have visited the Outer Bailey. ;)

However, I will have some small advice, nearer the date, that will make it worth your while starting a new game :) So if you have already played through and are tossing up whether to start again, be aware the patch is about 3 weeks away.

11. Shiningted

Hello again.

Quick update on the patch - its late (obviously). Got tied up with real life (wifey had to have her wisdom teeth out, of all the damn things) and a day of running around to dentists and shunting the kids to grandmas', followed by a day of hanging out at the hospital, meant... well, a couple of days I couldn't get the patch happening. On track for a revised release date of Friday 15/8.

Let me state again, you WILL have to start a new game, so if you are thinking of starting a new game now, please hold off a couple of days.

Watch this space! :)

12. shiffd

shiffd Member

Hello..I was on vacation and returned to see you got the latest version out...awesomeness!!! I had some bugginess with the first version...gonna wipe, clean install both GOG and the 1.0.1. I'll let you know if I have any bugs. thanks again for your hard work! If you don't hear from me it means everything worked/nothing new broke for my play through.

13. Shiningted

Have fun dude :thumbsup:

14. Shiningted

Ok, the time is about midday in Sydney 21/0/14 (which is just after midnight at the start of 21/8/14, GMT). if you read this and its been more than 24 hours since you downloaded the mudpack, please re-download the 1.0.1 add-on patch* and activate it (and start a new game). That will take care of a few niggly bugs like still seeing the cat and not being able to get in the Bailiff's door on top of the wall.

If you aren't bothered and don't want to start a new game, the 'original' 1.0.1 patch still takes care of pretty much all the other bugs (any and all scripting or dialogue bugs including Billy - other than the bailiff's door-on-the-wall problem - and including the problems with the Provisioner's store.

If you are reading this while you download the mod, or have downloaded any time after 20/8/14, you are of course playing the updated version - please ignore this.

* If you downloaded the whole 1.0.1 mod, you only need the updated 1.0.1 add-on pack to bring it up to date. Re-download the whole 1.0.1 mod by all means if unsure :)

15. war3069

war3069 Member

To all involved in making this happen....
    Thank you... This is totally awesome...

Our Host!