Circle of Eight Modpack v8 Final General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Pygmy, Sep 16, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

Having just defeated the updated harpy/ghoul/ghast encounter on the Earth level of the temple my question is: how do you raise the portcullis when everyone is in the room? I managed to glitch my way out (kept trying to run past the portcullis as a group when my wizard [who was in the 5th character position out of 6] slipped past it). Once he made it to the nearby stairs all the other characters (including the druid's AC, which was the only one NOT caught beind the portcullis) showed up with him. I doubt this is how it was intended but hey- maybe my wizard had Houdini as a mentor? :)

2. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

OK, a complete slick, re-install, and renegotiate with anti-virus got it working again (even at my native resolution)! In the process, I discovered the problem with the rays from the upper left corner in the character creation UI happen even without the mod pack, so it's definitely a driver problem, not anything Co8 did. Now to head back to invensource.mes...

EDIT: More good news... it looks like Veenah was the only merchant missing the second buy_list_num.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  3. Corwyn

Corwyn Gnoll Pincushion

Been meaning to mention this one for a while: in the Air Node it seems there are two groups of opponents that don't trigger/attack. Windwalkers (there are two, west of the entry point), and about a dozen rats (south east of the entry point). Not a big deal (especially the rats, since they aren't worth any experience points at that point), but thought I'd mention it.

4. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Darn it. It was working fine until we took a power hit yesterday. Now the instant TFE-X "launches the game successfully", it crashes instantly. It won't even show the intro movies. Any ideas?

EDIT: Weird... I didn't change anything, but this morning it runs. I just don't understand it...

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  5. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

This time round I got a HP total and a targetting circle when I mouse-overed. For some reason (I think a commanded ghoul paralysed it) it also came up as incapacitated or paralysed or something, so I was able to apply the coup de grace.

6. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Hmm, what version are you running?

The grating is supposed to be interactable.

As a last resort you should be able to just use the Temple shortcut map. The grating isn't meant to lock you up forever, just to separate your group during the fight.

Hopefully the 8.0.2 update will prevent the issue, though.

7. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

Running 8.1- there didn't seem to be an icon showing that the portcullis was an interact-able object but I could have just missed that as it was the first time I've played since the update to 8.1...

8. Groo the Ambler

Groo the Ambler Loot the Rot Grubs

I was able to get the interactive menu by clicking on the grate, but the only option that works is to destroy the grate. Even an 18 str character could not bend or lift it.

The whole encounter is much improved, though.

9. BenWH

BenWH BGPHughes

I reported it somewhere else, but with 8.01 I could not interact with the grate either, and I spent a good 5 minutes trying. The ghouls on the other hand were able to run right through it, which was a little odd. I got out with the new map.

Much improved encounter though. Loved it.

10. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I just had this encounter in version 8.1 and I was able to lift the grate.

The grate combines the strength of your strongest characters to check if you can lift it, not just the one you have attempting it.

I'm not sure if the rest of the party has to be next to the grate for this, or just close by.

11. Psihotik

Psihotik Member

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question, but I have an issue that's really bugging me: I'm playing the game with the latest version (8.0), along with the patch installed (8.0.1.), with the official 1 & 2 patches, so by all means, it's all up to date, yet I still have a problem reaching Verbobonc after defeating Zuggtmoy. When my party kills her, they are all teleported to Verbobonc after the animation, but as soon as I leave the city, I can't come back. There is no "passage to Verbobonc" to be clicked on the menu to the right, nor does manually clicking to the arrow on the main map work. Thing is, it worked properly on the earlier versions, but for some reason, it doesn't work on this one. Is there any way to fix this?

12. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Did you activate the patch in the front end via the add-ons button?

13. Psihotik

Psihotik Member

I did just now, but it does not seem to help.

14. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

You would have to go back to before the Zuggtmoy transition occurred for it to take effect.

15. Psihotik

Psihotik Member

Uh, so, start a new game...

Our Host!