Unending Turn Bug

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Prologue, Oct 29, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Prologue

Prologue Member

Bug Description
    I sometimes get this bug in combat mode in which a character has done used up all its time, but its turn doesn't end. When it happens, the only thing I can do is ALT+F4. Spacebar does nothing, F9 does nothing, ESC does nothing.

Occurence
    It happens often when a character uses Fragarach on the Balor Guardian. (Actually, I've gotten a few crashes with the Balor too.) It also happened sometimes during battle with bugbear mobs, during a bugbear's turn.

Version
    Happened in 7.9 and is happening in 8.0.1

2. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

This is a bug from the original game. The answering swords do not know how to answer the fire damage you take when attacking any flame creature. From what I understand this is un-fixable.

3. Prologue

Prologue Member

Ah. Very enlighting. I'm guessing Resist Energy or Protection from Energy or Stoneskin does nothing to help?

4. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

You can actually fix that by using a potion or scroll in your inventory, If I remembered correctly. Anyways, it's been long since I've red that, search the thread if you have time.

It can be fixed through the use of python scripts, I supposed. The question is who will do it?

5. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

This is true, you can end your turn, and when it is still stuck on your turn, use a healing potion or something, and it will say invalid action or something like that. Then your turn will finally end and proceed to the next turn. :thumbsup:

6. theEarlofSandwich

theEarlofSandwich Fridge Raider

It's been a long time since I've dealt with this issue. However, you might also try moving Scather / Fragarach into the hands of a character that is not chaotic good. The damage loop that HeJason describes might be able to be avoided if the sword in questioning is not getting those answering attacks.

7. Mouldyrye

Mouldyrye Member

I've had this happen a lot. Right clicking the "frozen" characters portrait and dragging a potion to the use item button fixes it about 90% of the time. In other cases I've waited for 5-10 minutes and come back to find that the game has unfrozen.

8. Prologue

Prologue Member

Thanks. I'll try the potion thing out.

(Otherwise, I'll just Rest up and deal with the Balor with normal means. I was trying to clear all the nodes without resting, but wasted all my Protection from Evil spells before reaching the Balor. And I want to see what a Balor can do to Iuz.)

Our Host!