Any way to make reach weapons not able to attack close?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by NoxNoctum, Oct 18, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. NoxNoctum

NoxNoctum Member

Is this possible? Is there some small mod out there that does it?

I'm gonna throw in a couple other short questions here so I don't spam up the board completely :p:

1. Can spring attack be combined with two weapon fighting? (i.e. hit with both weapons then move)

2. Is concentration only for magic users? Any purpose for anyone else?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  2. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

As far as I am aware, the only way that reach weapons could be fixed is if the source code for this computer game ever gets released or if a dll hacker joins the Circle of Eight team and works on the problem (but there currently aren't any dll hackers in the Circle of Eight team).

No, that's not how the Spring Attack feat works. The feat only allows a character to move, then make 1 attack, and then move again (which is still a bloody useful and powerful ability! My monk loves to run across the entire length of the battlefield, make an attack, and then run away to avoid receiving a full attack from the opponent that my monk attacked).

As far as I am aware, in the computer game The Temple of Elemental Evil: A Greyhawk Adventure, the only use for the Concentration skill is to enable a spellcaster to have a chance of casting a spell without provoking attacks of opportunity or without being disrupted and losing the spell due to taking damage while attempting to cast the spell.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  3. NoxNoctum

NoxNoctum Member

So concentration would be useful for rangers, druids and cleris as well right? (their "spellcasting" are still considered spells right?)

And I take it whirlwind would be a bit of a waste for a two weapon rogue as well then?

4. Forgalz

Forgalz Established Member

Right. Although I find rangers often cast before fights, not while in melee.

Given the paucity of feats a rogue gets and the number he has to invest into his full two-weapon prowess already, I'd say it is a waste.

(Personally, I find the only use of Whirlwind in all of D&D is in the NWN HotU expansion, where you can achieve an awesome visual effect in one of the last battles if you position Aribeth just right so that she whirlwind attacks an endless stream of easy enemies like a shredder for devil warriors.)

Our Host!