This is Weird

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Agamemnon, Aug 28, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Agamemnon

Agamemnon Member

This is a weird bug ever for me. Now, for some reason, whenever I summon my extraplanar chest and send it away the game spawns a throne of gems w/o gems.

2. phlippy g

phlippy g Member

You put the gems in the chest. :)

3. Agamemnon

Agamemnon Member

Now I got two more problems. When I remove the gems from the chest, a throne appears and my chest disappears. When I try to resummon the chest it tells me it's right where I'm standing, but it's not there. Also is there a way to get rid of the extra thrones that spawn?

4. XVicious

XVicious Established Member

that would be a funny sceen shot,

mind posting a pic of whats happenin?

5. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

lol, it's the script that is responsible for triggering the 'remove gem endgame' at work. :doh:

Here's a fix - put it in your data\scr folder. (you'll have to restore to a save from before you remove it from the EP chest; if it's too late, it might still be possible to undo the damage, but it'll require some guided console work...)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  6. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Oh, and to get rid of existing gem thrones: one option is to destroy them via the console, but it's a bit complicated for a number of reasons.

So, just for you, I've created a custom script that you should use instead of the one from the previous post (attached). Download the file from here.

What it does -
    * When you insert and remove the gems from any of the thrones, it will delete them.
    * It's scripted to specifically target the gemless thrones, so don't worry about putting it in the EP chest.

Attached Files:

Our Host!