Swamp Lotus

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by blakdeth, Aug 5, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

When I first get the quest I make a lot of extra trips from the moat house to Nulb, back and forth and I usually hit the right map within 10-15 trips.

And what's weird is it usually has stirges, do you think stirges have a taste for Lotus?

2. Legless

Legless Established Member

Nah, just swamps, but its true, I noticed that too, maybe if you search in that weird triangular room with the not so hidden door on lvl 1 of the temple you'll find some growing.:no:

3. Kilkakon

Kilkakon Member

Yeah I just kept going backwards and forwards between two places on the world map until I got the right map. Then died to Stirges the first two times I got the right one. XD

4. tom

tom Established Member

The swamp lotus does not always appear on a random encounter . It can appear anywhere that has a body of water - (with the possible exception of hickory branch).

:)

5. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Really?

I've never seen it anywhere but in a random encounter.

6. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Me either. My last (current) play through, I had to wander for days before finally getting a (wrong) swamp map, then several more days to get one with a lotus.

7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I believe it's only on the RE swamp maps.

8. tom

tom Established Member

I have found it in two of the regular map locations, as well as in random encounters.

:)

9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Is it always on the regular maps, not just when Amii gets sick?

10. tom

tom Established Member

I don't know. It is hard to spot if you aren't looking for it. I have never found it before being asked to look for it, but I have never looked for it before being asked to find it.

11. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I believe some things persist on RE maps in subsequent encounters if you drop them during or after combat. I once policed up a load of items that persisted after I'd dropped them (because I overloaded one of my PC's) by loading them into a dead body. Dead party member bodies would persist this way too.

Perhaps hemlock would persist this way.

I haven't seen this phenomenon in years, though.

12. sirchet

If one were to believe that the swamp lotus was existing on any of the regular maps, wouldn't a systematic search with the tab button of all maps reveal it?

I would volunteer for this search duty, but I have a great deal of important being lazy and general laying about on my to do list, so ... I'm not able to do it. :)

13. Holywhippet

Holywhippet Member

Does the count down for Amii only begin when you accept the quest?

Does the lotus only appear when you accept the quest?

Roughly how long do you have to complete it? Is it in terms of real time or game time?

14. sirchet

The count down begins when you agree to help Jaroo with finding the herb.

I have only ever found it after agreeing to look for it.

I have spent close to a month in game time before and did not get a botched in my journal.

15. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Yes.

The Swamp Lotus will only appear in your game if you accept the quest to find the Swamp Lotus. If you don't accept the quest, you will never be able to acquire the Swamp Lotus in your game.

You have 1 year of game time to find and return the Swamp Lotus to Jaroo. If you have characters who have a high Survival skill, then you will be able to avoid more random encounters, which may take you longer to find the swamp lotus. The Swamp Lotus only appears in a random encounter, so if you are desperate to find the swamp lotus as soon as possible, I recommend that you engage every random encounter that you have a chance to avoid.
    In my playthrough of 7.9.0 NC, I had a single-class druid who had maximum ranks in Survival and I avoided every random encounter that I had a chance to avoid, and eventually (after a few months) I got the random encounter on the swamp map that has the swamp lotus (it was actually the random encounter with one of the envoys who has a reward for you for rescuing either Countess Tillahi or Prince Thrommel) (so I was able to save Amii (with Jaroo's help)). The swamp map looks orange/brown during daytime, but dark blue at night. Hope this helps.

Here's what the swamp map looks like at night:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
Our Host!