Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by UncleBuck, Dec 2, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Legless

Legless Established Member

Re: 7.9 Known Issues

800 x 600 x32. I never use windowed mode. I didn't notice this overlap before in previous modpacks and didn't change the resolution settings, so unless its a new standard in 7.9nc then I've used it in the last few modpacks too.

2. willi23

willi23 katieevans

the game CTD in the default options when initializing sector data appears. I could only make it work activating the windowed mode.

3. Ank

Ank Established Member

''Has combat been changed? I'm finding That in 7.9. I can move after I attack. Don't know if this is intentional or not, but it makes the tactical combat real easy. & You could always move after making a single attack''
    Both of u guys are wrong :p the default setting in vanilla and co8 mod packs up till 7.8.x was 'End turn after default action' .....there for the correct answer is : the combat remained the same and u could alway 'do that' if u modified the default setting :yawn:
    PS: anyone with a even a shred of dignity will flip back the setting to its vanilla default(to end the turn after default action) otherwise its just a cheap noobish exploit to avoid : 1)'cashing in' the correct amount of blows from npc capable of 2+ hits a turn 2) accepting the consequence of ending yr chars turn on spot x as consequence of striking at npc y...

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I am also seeing the difference in the inventory screen, but I think it was like this in 7.8 also.

What happens is the lower left edge of the inventory covers a little less than a quarter of the character portraits, so you have to be careful when dropping things on their portrait.

The screen shot Legless provided shows this as I see it too.

5. phlippy g

phlippy g Member

This Is different. Previously I would attack with a mouse click. Which would by default give a full att. command. The characters turn would end. Now most times I can attack, and when done attacking. If not move outright I have action time that previously would not be there.:)

6. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Okay, the inventory screen thing is simply a matter of screen resolution ... at 800x600 there is not a lot of room to fit stuff. ;)

I use 1680x1050 and I have acres of room on the screen with nothing covered.

Example of the area of an 800x600 screen vs. a 1440x900 screen -

ratio.jpg

The elements of the UI (inventory box, portrait boxes, utility bar, etc.) are dynamic, so they stay the same size but move relative to the size of the screen depending on resolution.

Anyway, there was nothing changed as far as the x,y positioning of the inventory UI goes. It's possible that the enabling of multiple resolutions for windowed mode may have had some effect on it in windowed mode (AjiTae never did get to the bottom of the centering thing), but the only thing changed overall was the position of the bartering interface relative to the inventory screen, which is now on an even x axis with the bartering UI having moved, not the inventory UI.

I'd really recommend a higher resolution - it opens up a whole new world as far as combat comprehension and tactics go.

7. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Ahhhh, I use the default resolution because I like the big pictures and large characters.

8. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

@Ank: It's not a "cheap noobish exploit" to play by the 3.5 rules. It's perfectly legal to take a standard action (e.g. single attack) and then move. You are correct that you have to change the default setting to be able to do this, but I stand by my statement that it was always an option.

9. phlippy g

phlippy g Member

Another small issue. The vial's of acid you can buy from the traders is only 1d6 regardless of name or price (except "purified" acid I think).

10. Kapacha2089

Kapacha2089 Member

FYI!
    There is an issue in when you access the console command screen via ctrl + ~. When you enter a code or possible script or phrase and hit enter. The response does not appear in the window provided. It appears below it. When you enter the next code, it starts to overlap and stack on top of every entry... The clarity of words start to get messy.

11. Legless

Legless Established Member

I agree and it is my prefered way of doing combat against certain enemies in the 4th level of the temple, the nodes and beyond. But I do it using the radial menu, just like charge attack etc. I never changed the default settings to facilitate this.

12. hellblazer

hellblazer Established Member

Re: windowed mode. Is there a way to lock my mouse in to the window so that I can use it to scroll the screen instead of using the arrow keys?

Thanks for adding support for additional resolutions in windowed mode beyond 800x600.

13. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Just installing 7.9 now...
    I'll check this, but its worth mentioning, by the module, the Traders sell dodgy gear...

14. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

Question: is this thread just for technical issues or are game play issues welcome as well?

15. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Actually this was not really meant to discuss any issues, but go ahead. We'll probably just merge with the Modpack Discussion thread eventually.

That's known, thanks.

As far as I can see, only the concurrent turns (off) default was changed in TFE-X as of 7.9. Is anybody else starting new games with both it and the end turn after default action thing off?

No. But it should scroll the screen anyway if you move the mouse toward the edges. The way it normally works for me (I use windowed all the time for testing now - it's much easier to get in and out of) is that moving the mouse around the screen edges will do nothing 100% of the time if I want it to, and doing so will make the screen move very effectively 100% of the time if I don't want it to.

Our Host!