I want that Assassin!

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Eric_Blair, Jul 25, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Eric_Blair

Eric_Blair Member

The Assassin in the house ambush in Nulb that keeps carving me up, what build is that? I had done something similar to that quite some time ago, but what I've got going now isn't even close. :(

Is it like 6/4 fight/rogue? There must be a way to look at that character's exact build details. I know there are like 20 million variations on a dual wielding assassin, but I really just want THAT guy.

2. phlippy g

phlippy g Member

I use a close approx. 2 lvl ranger (xtra skill points help with this also being the party face) +# thief. 1st lvl th 2nd 3rd lvl rg + lvl th. With the right feats by 10th - 12th level its close.:)

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

He must be at least level 10 rogue because he steals strength with his sneak attacks

4. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

The Assassin's stats are:

Chaotic Evil human level 10 rogue

Strength: 14
    Dexterity: 20
    Constitution: 16
    Intelligence: 13
    Wisdom: 10
    Charisma: 8

Feats: Crippling Strike, Improved Initiative, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Two-Weapon Defense, Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Finesse (Short Sword)

Skill ranks: Bluff: 13, Hide: 13, Intimidate: 13, Listen: 13, Move Silently: 13, Search: 13, Sense Motive: 13, Spot: 13, Tumble: 13

Equipment: Gloves of Dexterity +2, Mithral Shirt, Rapier +2, Wakizashi +1

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  5. Goshi3156

Goshi3156 Dire Badger

Don't trigger the encounter until you have Dominate Person. Once you have the spell, you can just cast it on him and he'll "join" the party.

6. Eric_Blair

Eric_Blair Member

Thanks, Gazra, just what I was looking for.

7. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

Every time I've triggered this encounter the assassin goes first and kills my mages (whom I tend to put in the 5 & 6 spots)- until I learned to put my front line tank character there. After that, he's either going to get hit with Phantasmal Killer, Tasha's Hideous Laughter or Glitterdust- or if my tank goes first next turn, chopped into tiny, tiny pieces...

8. Goshi3156

Goshi3156 Dire Badger

You're kinda missing the point here >_>

Also, by the time you have Phantasmal Killer, the poor assassin doesn't stand a chance.

9. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

True- but the same could be said of having Dominate Person as well ;) But just to be clear, my point was how in the world was he beating the assassin to the punch unless he was willing to let one of his characters get killed?

10. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Have you tried typing "c" while you're talking to him? That should put at least one of your characters before the assassin when combat starts.

Our Host!