Can't Finish WotGS

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by UncleBuck, Jun 17, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. UncleBuck

UncleBuck Member

I'm playing through War of the Golden Skull using the 7.8 NC version with a LN party. So far I have eliminated every group of Hextorites in town that I have encountered. When I checked with Ariakas , he states the St Cuthbert temple attack hasn't been defeated. But I have defeated every group around the temple, and walked completely around it looking for more enemies. So far I can't find anything else to fight. Any ideas??

2. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

Have you checked out the thread dedicated to this subject? You might find some answers there...

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Look for baddies hiding in the trees.

If you cast an area of effect spell it should high-light the hidden baddie for you when moving the area of effect around before actually casting the spell.

4. UncleBuck

UncleBuck Member

I've looked through all the trees beside the temple and by Black Jays farm just in case using the spell area of effect. Still no remaining enemies.

I looked through the New Content: WotGS thread and didn't find a solution. Also tried searching other threads and still didn't find an answer. Not sure if this is a bug, but I remember a previous version of WotGS had similar problem with not finishing.

5. sirchet

Yeah, the missing patrol member was fixed in 7.8NC I thought.

If you go back through that thread you should find a console command to set it right, or if you have a high enough level cleric, raise one of the patrol and kill him again.

If this doesn't work, you'll just have to wait for someone smarter than me to answer. :)

Btw, there might be a guy waaaaaaaaaay back away from the temple almost where you can't walk.

6. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

@sirchet: The fix wasn't for a member of the group attacking the church, though. As far as I know, this is a new problem we haven't seen before.

7. andysks

andysks Member

I remember going around Homlet a dozen times.Then I finally found the ones that were missing and I was like "Ah...there you are".I don't remember which ones they were, but they could easily be the ones behind the temple.

8. UncleBuck

UncleBuck Member

Something weird. So I went back and tried to raise one of the attackers from the St. Cuthbert attack. Raised one of the soldiers and it immediately attacked, starting combat. However, a portrait showed for a second enemy, unconscious but still allive somewhere else. I clicked on the 2nd enemies portrait, which redirected to it. But this other enemy was over in front of the town defense, one of Wakefield's flunkies. I had done this fight first and eliminated all of the enemies there. So I tried to run a PC over there, but couldn't get one of my characters over there before the game crashed. Then I tried a few times more. Each time the same Hextorite in front of the Town Defense was shown, but I couldn't get a PC over there before the game crashed again. Finally, I sent the party over to the town defense instead and raised that particular Hextorite. However, he ran off immediately without starting combat. So I followed him and eventually got close enough to throw a dagger and kill him over again. The game didn't crash, but Ariakas still wouldn't register the St. Cuthbert attack as completed.

Also, I have reloaded from an older save and started the WotGS quest over. Still going through it, but I have eliminated the Hextorites around the church and when I checked with Ariakas this time the church attack shows as defeated. So not sure if I have a bug, or just a bad save. Will let you know if this round of the quest goes better.

9. sirchet

Did you by any chance use the fear spell in the fight to free the church?

10. UncleBuck

UncleBuck Member

No, I didn't use the fear spell because I hate chasing down the cowardly buggers (same reason I don't turn undead much). Only thing weird spell I can think of was the heightened prismatic spray at the town defense fight. This spell I don't use much and haven't heard much discussion about in the forums.

11. UncleBuck

UncleBuck Member

Finished WotGS on the second run through from an old save. Not sure if my first try failed due to a corrupted save or a bug, but I posted in case.

Our Host!