KOTB/non modded TOEE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dreadfell, Jan 3, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Tags:
  1. Dreadfell

Dreadfell Member

Hello all, So glad to have this site. I would like to ask two things...

1.Without installing CO* mod(I would like to finish TOEE vannila)is there a way to stop the glitches? I have alot of lockup and slow down, especialy once im in temple of evil. Ive also noticed if use the bastard sword given by the imprisoned prince(its blue and always hits)My character will complete his action and the action bar will be empty but no other action is possible.

2. So excited to see a KOTB mod!!! This came with the original dnd game pack and was my first adventure. Is this the game with keep/caves and characters included?

2. Hugh Manetee

Hugh Manetee Established Member

There are three official patches you can apply to vanilla which reduce some of the bugs.
    You can play the vanilla if ou install the mod with no new content.
    That is the version without the nc suffix.

If you keep a potion in your fighter's pack after his attack you will have a little time left on his action bar go to inventory drag the potion to the use item icon.
    You should get a message saying not enough time for action click cancel (I think)
    The game should jump to the next character.

3. Dreadfell

Dreadfell Member

Ok, thanks for the information. When I try to install the patches I recieve message "TOEE not found english" I have installed from disc(from a multipack released including alot of other dnd games). just as an aside, I find it odd that after you return to town you do not recieve a dialouge option concernin g seeing the priests patron saint! Its like oh by the way...I met your god LOL.

4. Hugh Manetee

Hugh Manetee Established Member

There are lot's of things like that.
    Once you find out about the fungus queen no one suggests sending in an army,they just lose interest, even if they sent you to the temple in the first place.

If you buy the game from gog it comes fully patched.

5. Dreadfell

Dreadfell Member

So unable to get KOTB running. After extracting it never shows in th root folder. Running windows 7 and have tried all FAQ regarding the issue. Is there a discussion/help post somewhere I couldnt find?

6. Dreadfell

Dreadfell Member

I have resolved the issue. It required me changing permissions on the root folder for TOEE to full control.

Our Host!