Greetings from a noob

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Poseidon, Dec 20, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Poseidon

Poseidon Member

Hello everyone,

I'm a big fan of TOEE and am going to try my hand at learning to mod it. Any advice you have is greatly appreciated.

2. Ank

Ank Established Member

U will do well do browse around the co8 forum and read on a bit about moding toee , not only do you need tons of time but also some inhuman endurance, despite toee being an awesome game moding it is a rather nasty pain in the ass because of many quirks and strange design decisions not to mention the lack of access to the source code and the current lack of people willing/skilled enough to do dll hacks.
    If u still wish to jump in Gaear is probably the best person to guide you towards a specific task u wish to accomplish(he can probably tell u right off if smth is/isn't currently possible and what u need to learn/do in order to accomplish it)
    Sadly enough most of use lack the time/dedication to help out with much excepting the occasional bug reporting/playtesting of a mod (as far as i'm concerned i need to admit i'm pinned down between a job(8h sometimes 12h a day), some linux mint comunity aid and 'power napping' as a result i prefer to invest' all my remaining time into games(atm battle for wesnoth and toee get about equal priority) and gym workouts(thank god i'm done with the school system; that one literally sucked the life out of me and granted me close to nothing to show for except wasted time and poor health habits)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Thanks for the tip on Battle for Wesnoth.

4. Ank

Ank Established Member

Yr welcome sirchet, BFW is a great game :thumbsup: also if u are into cooperative play there are some great multiplayer campaigns u can get in the addons section ; btw don't miss the wesband addon that one provided u can rally up a bunch of friends can be an excellent dungeoning experience(it doesn't follow dnd rules but trust me it has complex and fun enough char development and monster bashing to please just about anyone that doesn't scoff at a 2d isometric tbs combat rpg genere ;))

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I got impatient in the first battle on the bridge and got my butt handed to me by some orcs ....

I'm going to have another go at it, but this time a bit more patiently. ;)

Our Host!