Hommlet map IDs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Spider Dwarf, Sep 3, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Spider Dwarf

Spider Dwarf Spider

I'm working on a little map for my use which will utilize a web browser. Does anyone have a list of the various area numbers and the accompanying map directory for it? Hommlet is 5001 and the map directory is <game>/map-2-Hommlet-Exterior. I believe that for Hommlet some of the interior maps are used multiple times.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

If you just mean map names and numbers (areas are a different matter), they can all be found in modules\ToEE\rules\MapList.mes.

3. Spider Dwarf

Spider Dwarf Spider

Thank you Gaear. And don't you know in between I found that out. I tried opening the file with ToEE World Builder .net2 but for some reason it would not. So I opened the file using Wordpad.

4. Spider Dwarf

Spider Dwarf Spider

I just noticed something a little odd. The isometrics of the Cheesemaker's Cottage (Map ID 5039) are off. Also, the door is in a slightly different spot than as where shown on the Hommlet exterior view (Map ID 5001).

In the isometric view of the attached image the left wall begins at the top left and is defined by the outer wall as represented by the top left and left middle rooms. If you draw a line along that axis it does not meet the beam along the top of the bottom wall. This is the first interior view I have seen where the isometric axises are off.

In case you are interested here is a link to what I am working on and at present I am working on the buildings north of the stream. Hover your mouse over the buildings to see what happens. On a non-hover spot on the map you can click to have a larger version of the exterior view of Hommlet appear in a pop-up.

Please be forewarned that the first time you visit the page it may take a bit of time to download the background image depending on your Internet connection speed. I went for quality versus speed. My site, my prerogative. Also, in the upcoming weeks the site will be moved to a different page on my site as part of an upgrade to Joomla.

Any help and or suggestions on the Temple of Elemental Evil portion of the site is not out of the realm of possibilities.

Attached Files:

5. Gaear

That was one of the Hommlet interior maps that was flipped horizontally to match the orientation of the building on the outside so that you don't walk in facing one direction and arrive facing another.

6. Spider Dwarf

Spider Dwarf Spider

That explains it then and thank you.

7. Gaear

Looks pretty nifty btw. :thumbsup:

8. Spider Dwarf

Spider Dwarf Spider

Coming from you, thanks! I hope to have it done in a couple of weeks.

I sent a PM to The Royal Canadian for help on this page. At present I have only the first item in place, but 'tis a start. Yeah, its been done in a spreadsheet but I was hoping to create a graphical representation. We were chatting about it here.

BTW, do you know where the images for doors, stairs, etc. are hidden? I've yet to get CorelDraw's screen capture to work in ToEE full screen mode. When I go to windowed mode ToEE hangs on loading of my saves. If I can't capture I'll have to remake them from a game file.

9. Gaear

I normally just hit Print Screen in-game, which copies the screen to the clipboard and saves a copy of the image in .tga format in your modules/ToEE directory. You can then either use the .tga or open MS Paint and paste the clipboard into it and save it as a bitmap.

Do you mean the little blue doors and stairs and ladders? I'm sure they're in data/art/interface somewhere.

10. Spider Dwarf

Spider Dwarf Spider

Ahh, I'll have to remember the print screen feature. And yes, the little blue doors and the like.

11. Gaear

Actually they're in data/art/meshes/scenery/portals.

Our Host!