Silversword / Diablo III

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gazra_1971, May 26, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Illustair

Illustair First Order Wizard

I think he's saying that there's the good and the bad for the game. For a time, according to him, he found D3 addictive and not to mention there's the chick (and you say the character's as lovable as FF Spirits Within heroine? Nice!); those must count for something. It's going downhill on many parts though...and after I've read Gazra's opinions, I doubt I'd ever want to try that game. I remember playing D2 on LAN with my friends, good times! D3 is a bastardized version the way I see (read) it. The unintuitive potions alone, men, that sucks! BIG TIME! Plus, I've read somewhere that you have to be connected ALL THE TIME to play when in fact it isn't supposed to be MMO? Is that true? They might gain monetarily from this, but in the long run, I think it's a bad idea. Money++, My Blizzard Loyalty--. I'm sure there are other ways to combat piracy; theirs has so much hassle! SUCKS BIG TIME EVEN MORE!

2. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Yep, Illustair is right on both scores:

1. I did enjoy playing Diablo 3 overall (I'm glad that I completed the game for the experiences of the main story involving the NPC Leah and the NPC arch-angel Tyrael) and I will definitely play any expansions for the game for the story (and cutscenes) alone. But there are definitely a lot of things to fault with the game - it's certainly not perfect.

2. You need to be logged into a Blizzard Battle.net server while playing the game (even when playing the game single-player) because the server hosts your game (hence the lag that players experience) and your characters are saved on the Battle.net server (not on your computer!) and your game saves are stored on the Battle.net server (not on your computer!). Blizzard owns your characters and game saves.

I forgot to mention one of the most annoying aspects of Diablo 3. At specific stages in the game, you reach a checkpoint (which is a game save that also saves your progress in the story arc (i.e. the story state). You have no idea when you are going to reach the next checkpoint. I've had to endure marathon sessions of the game when I wanted to quit hours earlier but I had to keep going until I reached the next checkpoint. That is MUCH more annoying than the lag or having to log into a Battle.net server every freaking time that I want to play the game!

3. Illustair

Illustair First Order Wizard

Excuse my words, but WTF?! What if I can only afford to play about an hour or less for a certain session (which happens almost all the time), chances are I won't be able to save my progress as you'd have to reach this who-knows-when-or-where checkpoint every time you'd want to save your game?? That's so stupid! Good thing, I read your post..I had no intention on buying the game even from the start, but who knows one day I might decide to. Thank heavens for your warning. Now I know never will I spend hard-earned money for a game as badly implemented as that.

Our Host!