Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by UncleBuck, Dec 2, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sergiond

Sergiond Member

I bring two new bugs (?)

1- When a PC try to learn a scroll and it's sucessful, if PC has two copies of the same scroll, they disappear. It has happen with 2 copies of "bull's strength" and with 2 copies of "extraplanar chest"

2- When the team is rewarded with the sword Scather, potions and rings, i remember to receive a lot of medals but not this time.

PD: Sorry for my English, its not my mother tongue

2. Thanlok

Thanlok Member

Ok, so I did a complete re -install. I will let you know if my Verbobonc issue comes up again. Many thanks to everyone who tried to help. One thing I did notice though, when I did the re-install, started a brand new Co8 game, I tried the code "game.areas[14] = 1". It gave me the backdoor entrance to the Moathouse on my map. Just wanted to let you know

3. Thanlok

Thanlok Member

what is the area code for the Temple itself?

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Thanlok, are you on Windows 7 or Vista? Sometimes those OSs have issues with allowing access to files in the Program Files folder, which more and more sounds like what's happening to you. Co8 overwrites many game files, and if that is not allowed to happen consistently you'll have a wacky hodge-podge of vanilla and Co8.

If you are on 7 or Vista, you should try re-installing the game yet again, but put it in a custom location as opposed to anywhere within the Program Files folders and subfolders. e.g. C:\Games\ToEE. Then reinstall the mod and reactivate per instructions. That may fix your issues.

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Known bug - nothing we can do about it.

Rewards depend on alignment.

6. Sergiond

Sergiond Member

A new(?) one:

3- Into the "Season of the Witch", in the fight vs. th groaming spirit, i donĀ“t know when really happen but the monster receive: temp HP = 1049789835 (or similar) :twitch: and i have had to load tjhe game a couple of times.

EDIT: I prefer the old version of the big white dragon. Now it's more like a big demon (or gargoyle)

Ciao!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  7. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

-I've never understood what the purpose of the talking mirror in the second level of the temple is for. The strange mirror near the air/fire temple that asks you to leave your gear with it? What does that do?

-I distinctly remember from playing through the temple a long time ago that you can talk to the shadows in the third level. I have a chaotic neutral party, tending to do evil stuff. How can I talk to the shadows? They just seemed to KOS. (picture)

Attached Files:

8. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

The talking mirror on the third level had a sinister trick to play on the unsuspecting gamer. High-lite the area below to read the spoiler.
    The mirror would offer to bless and add enchantments to your armor and weapons if left on the offering plate for a certain amount of time, of course the then unarmed and unarmored characters would pass through the door to wait for their weapons and armor only to find a pack of hungry werewolves waiting for them.
    A nasty little trick indeed.

9. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Spolier answer below,.....
    The mirror is controlled by the Werewolves in the secret room. They try to lure pc's to leave their equipment behind so that they can more easily kill you off. This is from the module itself.

10. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Well, Mr. cezmail ... I guess we don't need to worry about any spoilers here then. :poke:

11. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

That's kinda ruined for you if you kill romag off way before you get to the second level. Because the reactive temples take the werewolves away from that part. I wish there were 3, two seems too easy.

12. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Sorry Sirchet,

I posted my answer and had not seen that you had posted the answer below. I will also admit I have not gotten the handle on the spoiler hidden text, so that is why I used several spaces to try to hid my answer.

Sorry I rode in your coat tails. :)

13. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Cez, you got Ninja'd! :ninja:

14. Sergiond

Sergiond Member

Hi, i have finished a play with a legal neutral team. This v7.10 has a lot of news and bugfixes. Good job! :clap:

15. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Yeah I was, but as I was at work and had a gap from when I started to write and finally posted, I will take the strike and bow to Sirchet. He also did a better job at the spoiler prevention, so no hard feelings on my part. :D

Our Host!