New discovery to me

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by cezmail, Mar 11, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Well I am starting a new game and have made my way to the 1st level of the Temple. Upon once fighting the Gelatinous Cube, I had a Gray Ooze decide to join the fun. I had never in my many turns at the game have this happen. Not sure if this ooze has always been there and I just finished off the Cube too quickly or what.

Has anyone else ever encountered the Ooze?

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

It's been there every time for me. I often start combat by attacking it first.

3. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

O,, thanks for the feedback. I usually have the party running into the rooms and upon seeing the Cube, charge it and smash it to bits. Guess as I get it over so quickly, the ooze fails to drop down on my archers/spellcasters.

4. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

Yeah, the ooze always appears because I leave half my party in the hallway and let 1-2 guys go in to fight the cube.

5. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

OK, well thanks for your answers guys. Seems an semi old hand to the game can still learn new tricks and discover hidden critters. :)

6. Obadiah

Obadiah Member

eh, I've fought that gelatinous cube hundreds of times and never seen an ooze pop out. I've had half in the hallway, all in the room, some down the hall, some stuck out in other hallways, you name it. weird. I'll be looking for that ooze on my next go through (which is right now cause my last party got the no-secret door bug and I have to start over).:(

Our Host!