Trying to dispell 'charm person' or 'dominate' *Spolier*

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Pusilanimous, Mar 10, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Pusilanimous

Pusilanimous Member

I'm in the fire plane trying to kill the balor but he's charming my party and that's just wiping me out.

I've tried dispell magic and dominate a few times but the don't get rid of the charmed effect, but I was pretty sure 'dispell magic' should have worked, any reason why it doesn't?

EDIT.. Also I've cleared the temple but still have no option to go to Verbobonc, it's not on my map.

2. Namarus

Namarus Member

Have you tried break enchantment? 4th level spell.

3. Pusilanimous

Pusilanimous Member

Lol, nope, for got all about that one... I thought DM worked though?.. ah well.

5th level damn.. precious slots :(

4. Pusilanimous

Pusilanimous Member

Break Enchantment isn't working either.

My game is obviously too broken to continue with.

5. Mensch86

Mensch86 Member

Did u look at the rolls to see what's actually happening?

6. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Have you spoken to Brother Smyth and asked about "something Different"?

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER Highlite below to read it. :nerd:

He will actually give you the point of contact in Verbobonc and then the "Path to Verbobonc" will appear in the list to the right of the world map.

END OF SPOILER

7. Pusilanimous

Pusilanimous Member

Mensch I've never had any numbered rolls just success or failure, that always bothered me I felt something was missing, now I know it was. :(

Sirchet... I got the notification from Smythe.. but there's nothing saying Verbobonc in the list to the right.

8. Paul Greystoke

Paul Greystoke Member

Click on the text in blue in the rolls history & you will get a breakout of the roll. This will tell you all of the bonuses (& minuses) on your roll, plus what the DC (or AC) you are going up against.

9. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Hope you can work out something, but you may want to try a new game if you are getting too many goofs or things not showing up when they should.

10. Mensch86

Mensch86 Member

Well, I suspect that everythings fine. It's probably just not apparent to him what he has to do in order to get to verbobonc, or to craft stuff or whatever is suposedly wrong with his game. I've had many of these false alarms too.

11. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

@Pusilanimous, if you've been told of Verbo by Bro Smyth and still don't have it on your world map, that very likely means you are not using the Co8 modified .dll (which does things like add worldmap locations), which would probably explain a lot of your other problems as well. You may recall that this was your first issue (the .dll being deleted) upon installation and being unable to launch the game.

Most likely cause: installing ToEE to the Program Files folder IF you're using Windows Vista or 7. On those OSs, access to files in Program Files can be limited or restricted. Co8 swaps out and overwrites many files in the game directory, such as temple.dll, so if your Windows isn't allowing this to happen reliably, obviously bad things are going to happen.

Is this is really the case, you've basically been playing a FUBARed game from the get-go.

Solution: re-install the game and everything else to a custom location. If the Gamergate installation utility won't allow this for some reason, buy ToEE from GoG for $5.

Our Host!