Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by UncleBuck, Dec 2, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. zebrainz

zebrainz Yumm

Seriously!!!
    [​IMG]

notice the A/A change edit mode button (I can get to it if I try) in the extreme top right corner.

discovered the spoiler function by reading the code function (vbulletin?) displayed in the editor when using the quote' function.

btw - filesize for screen image capture wiith Windows 7 snipping tool = 218 kb for entire screen when reading co8/ToEE threads on this website (200 site upload max). Sigh. Hence photobucket image wrap above. Sigh*. FML

Note: when hovering over the location where the spoiler and youtube functions are supposed to be, I get a small blue highlighted box with 'wrap text with spoiler' or 'wrap text with youtube' tiny one line pop up.

Edit:
    <- iza fool. shoulda read what you actually typed in the editor before capturing. I just been e-ninja'd. :(

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  2. Rocktoy

Rocktoy Established Member

Does anyone else have any problems with the vendors, like they do not renew their inventory?

Whit my first run Jinnerth and Jakk stopped at some point to re-stock. With my second run it spread to Ah Fong too. I am just wondering whether this is a glich or problem caused by corrupt save file. I like to craft all the possible wondrous items as soon as possible and to finance that require a lot of pick pocketing, which in turn requires hectic save and load routine. Maybe that routine causes saves to corrupt?

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Could those suffering from the lack of spoiler and youtube buttons in the editor try clearing your cookies, internet cache, and temporary files? Note that clearing your cookies will make you have to log in again next time (probably with other sites you may be auto-logged on too).

The trick is to crop that down to what we really need to see. (We don't need to see your entire screen.) That will reduce the data size, as would reducing the resolution.

4. mmonagle

mmonagle Established Member

Sitra Achara, thank you for looking into this and coming up with a solution.

I had a save stored before talking with Alrrem for both instances so I was able to test. My console returned a 4 for the game.global_vars[14] when I had killed Oolhgrist. It returned a 10 when I had killed the ogres.

I also applied the 2 files that you posted and it fixed both instances of conversing with Alrrem. So everything got fixed with those files. Thank you again!

5. scandal

scandal Member

I just installed the anthology version of the game (BG1/2, IWD 1/2, PT, ToEE) and it appears that that version of the game is not compatible with the Co8 mod? Will this be corrected anytime soon, or should I just go ahead and play through the game unmodded?

6. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

If you try to play the game unmodded, you won't get very far before it crashes.

7. scandal

scandal Member

So how do I go about getting the mod to work with the anthology version?

8. Gaear

Why do you say that it appears it's not compatible?

9. scandal

scandal Member

I get a movie file error code 5 when I try to install it.

10. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Spoiler ahead!

The following information is from Iuz' proto (#14266) in ToEE World Builder:

Chaotic Evil male human level 20 cleric / level 10 rogue (outsider, extraplanar)

Strength: 42
    Dexterity: 24
    Constitution: 26
    Intelligence: 24
    Wisdom: 31
    Charisma: 24

Hit Points: 380 (this is added to his (Constitution Modifier X character level = 8 X 30 = 240) to give his actual Hit Points which are 620)

Cleric Domains: Evil, Destruction

Special Quality: Damage Reduction (15/-)

Special Quality: Spell Resistance [35]

Special Quality: Immunity (Poison/Electricity/Acid/Cold/Confusion)

Special Quality: Untripable

Special Attack: Smiting

Special Quality: Energy Resistance (Fire: 10)

Special Quality: Stable (bonus to trip checks against being tripped)

Special Quality: Deflection Bonus: 10

Special Quality: supernatural ability same as a 'Ring of freedom of movement'

Damage: Claw: 1d6+12

Challenge Rating: 50

Save vs. Reflexes: 15 (this is probably added to his Dexterity Modifer to give his actual Reflex Save)

Save vs. Fortitude: 15 (this is probably added to his Constitution Modifer to give his actual Fortitude Save)

Save vs. Willpower: 15 (this is probably added to his Wisdom Modifer to give his actual Willpower Save)

AC: 43

Hit Dice: 50

Feats: Combat Reflexes, Crippling Strike, Weapon Focus (Greatsword), Spring Attack, Improved Critical (Greatsword), Cleave, Great Cleave, Improved Initiative, Mobility, Dodge

Skill ranks: Bluff: 53, Concentration: 53, Hide: 53, Move Silently: 53, Sense Motive: 53, Tumble: 53, Spot: 53, Listen: 53, Search: 53, Spellcraft: 53

Spells: Animate Dead

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  11. wasbear

wasbear Member

What about St Cuthbert's stats?

12. Gaear

Can you be more specific? Step by step would be good ...

13. scandal

scandal Member

Be glad to - so I installed the games from the CD, then I downloaded the second patch because I couldnt be sure if my version was patched. That didn't install either (No ToEE found - I launched it from ToEE's directory). Then I downloaded Co8 anyway, and also, from the game directory, it starts to install, and then about 2 seconds later I get a 'MovieFile' error, 'Code5'

Let me know if there's something more specific you need

14. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  15. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Spoiler ahead!

The following information is from St. Cuthbert's proto (#14267) in ToEE World Builder:

Lawful Neutral male human level 20 cleric / level 20 fighter (outsider, extraplanar)

Strength: 38
    Dexterity: 24
    Constitution: 27
    Intelligence: 24
    Wisdom: 45
    Charisma: 29

Hit Points: 520 (this is added to his (Constitution Modifier X character level = 8 X 40 = 320) to give his actual Hit Points which are 840)

Cleric Domains: Destruction, Law

Special Quality: Damage Reduction (25/-)

Special Quality: Spell Resistance [67]

Special Quality: Energy Resistance (Fire: 20)

Special Quality: Immunity (Confusion/Electricity/Poison/Acid/Cold)

Special Attack: +2d6 Holy damage

Special Attack: +2d6 Lawful damage

Special Attack: Smiting

Special Quality: Untripable

Special Quality: Deflection Bonus: 24

Challenge Rating: 60

Save vs. Reflexes: 19 (this is probably added to his Dexterity Modifer to give his actual Reflex Save)

Save vs. Fortitude: 19 (this is probably added to his Constitution Modifer and Great Fortitude feat bonus (which is +2) to give his actual Fortitude Save)

Save vs. Willpower: 19 (this is probably added to his Wisdom Modifer and Iron Will feat bonus (which is +2) to give his actual Willpower Save)

AC: 71

Hit Dice: 60

Feats: Weapon Specialization (Heavy Mace), Blind-Fight, Cleave, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Great Cleave, Great Fortitude, Improved Critical (Heavy Mace), Iron Will, Weapon Focus (Heavy Mace)

Skill ranks: Concentration: 41, Diplomacy: 42, Listen: 92, Search: 84, Sense Motive: 164, Spellcraft: 102, Spot: 86, Use Magic Device: 72, Survival: 82

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
Our Host!