Need Help with High level Quests (spoiler alert)

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by UncleBuck, Jan 12, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. UncleBuck

UncleBuck Member

I'm running into some difficulties with a couple of quests and can't seem to figure out what to do about them.

Gremlich -- I know I am supposed to talk to Mona again, but I can't find her in Nulb. She's not with Serena, and not in any of the main buildings. I haven't found any dialogue options to find any further info on her location. So where should I be looking??

Lords and Ladies -- Tried this a couple of times and got slaughtered each time. My party starts in the arena with no precast spells surrounded by four avatars of Iuz. The avatars are each just as tough as Iuz in the Temple and my party has no time to prepare. The best I was able to manage was to use a stone to teleport out to the Air node before my party died. My orc barbarian has Scather but can't last long enough to take out even one of the avatars. My party is all 20th level, but getting wasted like it was 2nd level again.
    Not sure at all how to handle this one, I'd appriciate any suggestions.

2. chano

chano Established Member

When i did the quest i got 4 balors,, managed to kill them but the quest failed for some reason.
    4 IUZ is just insane no matter what level you are on.
    Mona should be found in the house closest to the special arms shop

3. Kragenskjold

Kragenskjold Member

I think Mona goes on vacation if you give her 500 for Serena's freedom.

4. UncleBuck

UncleBuck Member

Update , I found Mona and have been attacked by the Gremlich. But I can't kill the bloody thing. It keeps respawning. Used melee attacks, and energy, magic missile spells, and turning undead. Can't keep the thing down. Finally I just used nonlethal damage to knock it out and left. Went back where I found it and was attacked by four of them. Knocked them all out with nonlethal and left again. How can I kill them once and for all??

5. chano

chano Established Member

Who told you to speak to mona ?
    I can't find that person and mona tells me nothing

6. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

I haven't face them yet, but have you tried the coupe-De-gras after knocking them out, like a troll?

7. UncleBuck

UncleBuck Member

Update again. Managed to kill the Gremlich finally. Chano, one of the guards outside City Hall in Verbobonc told me about the Gremlich and going to see Mona. I wasn't trying to talk to them, I just returned to Verbobonc and the dialogue started. General Ghoul, coup de grace doesn't work on the Gremlich. I tried that and it just causes the Gremlich to respawn. I had to talk to Uncle Whatsisname in the Rabbit Hole to find out how to kill the Gremlich.

Still haven't figured out how to kill 4 Iuz's to complete Lords and Ladies quest.

8. chano

chano Established Member

Something is wrong with my game i guess, i keep travelling back and forth and no dialogue, same as last playthrough.

Might have to reinstall the 7.0 to see if that helps.

Thanks for the info though

9. chano

chano Established Member

Do you have to speak to Mona to get the gremlich to appear or is it just to get directions to it?
    If the latter could you tell me where you found it ?

10. mmonagle

mmonagle Established Member

I could use some help with info about the gremlich as well. I went and talked to Mona but all she told me was that my future had something with an old woman in it who was more than she appeared. Should anything more be happening? Is the gremlich then a random encounter or does it appear somewhere on the map?

11. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

gazra_1971 has put up an excellent guide to TOEE that has all the details on triggering quests, what state must the game be at and where to find what/who/when and why.

CLICK HERE FOR HIS GUIDE

ps ... the Gremlich is at the bottom of section 25.

12. chano

chano Established Member

Problem is , the guards only say good day and mona says that i have to finish of her last viewings.
    Monster Smash completed and i am a hextor rat.

13. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Chano, remember the flag issue that is resolved through a console command that you can't use because you can't open the console? That's still what's going on here.

There will be an add on pack released fairly soon that fixes this issue.

14. chano

chano Established Member

I have learned to open the console using swedish keyboard, could you repost the command?
    I have started over once more after clean install of both game and mod.
    And if possible one for the SB.

Will the upcoming fixpack force me to start a new game?

15. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Originally posted by Gaear:
    Note: this information is currently in the bug fixes chapter (which is chapter 1) of the Game Guide sticky thread.

Our Host!