Return to TOEE

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Flak88, Jan 13, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Flak88

Flak88 Member

Hello CO8,

Just returned to the game after over a year off and am anxious to try to new content. Problem is I can't get the game to run even though I'm using the same computer. Game loads fine, I create and equip a party and it CTD whenever I try to begin adventuring. Any ideas?

Using Windows 7 just like previous game. Last successful version was 5.9.3 but even that does't work now. How about tossing me a rope of climbing? Thanks.

2. Kragenskjold

Kragenskjold Member

You might consider a complete uninstall then reinstall or try setting frontend option to Clean Game Cache at Startup.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  3. maalri

maalri Immortal

Welcome back!

4. Flak88

Flak88 Member

Tying to remember how I got it working last time. I think I had to disable the movies clips which may be the reason I can't get to Hommlet from the Equipment Screen. Does anyone remember how to disable the movies?

Funny thing is that I had some early saves under 5.9.3 and they seem to work. Just starting a new games seems to be the issue.

5. Flak88

Flak88 Member

I believe I am up a running. I remembered I needed to rename the movie files and then had to mess around with starting and restarting different party alignments, but its going.

Now I have to try to remember the rest of the stuff.

6. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Hi Flak88,

I'm running the mod with Win7 64 bit on a 40 inch HDTV I use as a monitor, (1920x1080 native resolution) and I had the same problem.
    I also renamed the movies and it ran, but with 7.0NC there are a few chances of missing valuable clues by not seeing the movie clips.

My solution was to activate the vanilla game and then re-activate the 7.0NC and now my game is running very well with all the movies.

I know it sounds simple, almost silly but it IS worth a try. Just for kicks try re-activating the module and see what happens.

And no touching the mouse or keyboard while TOEEFE is working. ;)

7. Gog

Gog Member

Haha, saw this post and thought someone was going to do a submod based on the return to TOEE module. :twitch:

Our Host!