Spolier Questions: Livonya's Mod

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Livonya, Apr 8, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

You can also do it on one line as:

game.party[x].stat_base_set(stat_strength, y)

X again is the number of the party member minus 1. Y is the value you want to set their stat to. Obviously, you can use this with stat_dexterity, stat_constitution, etc, as well as stat_hp_max and stat_experience.

Keep in mind, all these values are before modifiers. So if you set an elf's Dexterity to 16 in the console, the character will have a Dex of 18. If you set a level 2 character's max hp to 10 and they have a Constitution bonus of +2, they will have 14 hp.

2. Olbaid

Olbaid Member

Can I edit other stuff (skill points, feats, etc) like that too?
    what command would I use?

Last edited: May 1, 2005
  3. Yavathol

Yavathol Member

Liv. 1.5 bug - Spoilers

In the ambush (I had killed Rannos Devi but let Gremag escape) if my druid casts an area effect spell then 'TreasureMap2' enters the combat! Most of the enemy break off to attack TreasureMap2, which is invulnerable. Friendly fire messages appear when they kill the object. A portrait appears in the initiative queue which looks like a blue helmet. Unfortuneatly this renders the combat unwinnable since the object is invulnerable. Anyone else noticed this?

Another, less important niggle - I was hired by one of the temple priests to deliver a message to Rentsch, however since I did the double-cross mission and stirred up trouble between Rentsch and Wat, when I go back to Nulb, Rentch has "disappeared". Is there any chance of getting an option added to the priests dialog so I can go back and report this?

Thanks, :sphappy:

4. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

Mail isn't that quick and not too consistent... just keep checking back... it will come...

- Livonya

5. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

i ran into the same problem Yavathol. the only thing i could change was to drop the letter somewhere and then it only gave you to option to tell him you lost it and he would tell you to go find it and finish the job. it would be nice if there was another option. i guess next time i wont start the triple cross untill after ive given him the letter lol. ;) ive had a dreadful feeling that Rentsch was the person that i needed to talk to about lareth. or someone else that has died i needed to talk to.

6. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Strange, I always get an option which leads me to an alternative quest to avenge Rentsch's death. It doesn't seem to be dependant on any skills to obtain so not sure why I'm getting it and you two aren't.

If Rentsch is already dead when you are offered the quest I get the option to say that.

If Rentsch is dead when you return to deliver the letter, I get the option to say that too.

But then I again I had multiple juggernauts, so sometimes I wonder whether I have my own little unique install hehe

7. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

if he is dead when he gives me the letter i get the option to tell him, but if i dont say anything and comeback later with the letter i only get 2 options. im here to kill you or im just passing through. unless i dont have the letter anymore then i get to tell him i lost it.

8. Zebedee

It may be something I've done in the game then that has brought up the option but if that's the case then it's not working properly as you said. One thing which could expand that quest a bit would be if you could read the letter.

Anyone know of a use for a vapour rat? It's too odd not to be a quest but I can't figure it out.

Last edited: May 2, 2005
  9. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

lol no i dont but where did you get a vapour rat.

10. Marceror

Marceror Established Member

Question about swamp lotus

So... I've cleared all four levels of the temple and am doing the elemental nodes at this point. I'm really not all that far from the end of the game, and I still haven't seen any swamp lotus.

My quest log still shows the quest as being open. Based on Liv's statement that a timer starts when you get on the same map as the lotus, I'm guessing that I haven't just missed it.

I also remember Liv saying that it was in a swamp... being that I've been to all the swamps I'm aware of in the game I figured this must be a random encounter (similar to Xaxis, but probably less obvious). I've run all over the world map fighting countless skeletons, trolls and lizards thinking that maybe I'd end up in a swamplike environment (and I'm just taking it for granted that the river map that seems to come up 2 out of 3 times isn't what Liv means by a 'swamp'.

Have I just greviously missed the boat here? I've got just a couple other elemental nodes to tackle (which aren't even necessary to beat the game) and then I go down for the final fight. I'm thinking I'm not going to find the lotus.

And on another note... it's been more then 2 1/2 months game time since I found Corl on Jay's property. When I talk to Corl's father my only promising text option is to tell him that I found Corl on Jay's farm the previous night... I'm told that Corl is a good kid and bear's Jay no ill will and that's pretty much it.

Based on everything I've read, these encounters are working as intended... so I guess I'm just going to have to wait to find out that Corl is actually Zugtmoy, a grower of Swamp Lotus and other fine shrubberies (cuz that's about the time in the game when I see these quests wrapping up at this point).

11. Zebedee

It's in a little room just off skeleton alley (I think - I'll edit this part if I'm wrong). You talk to it and get a cute little picture of a white rat which says "er" a lot. It's not a tough monster nor is it hostile. Goodness knows what it's for.

Marceror - my eyes hurt from looking for the lotus and I'm still in the same position as you. But give the Dead Sheep quest more time (I tested by resting for 100+ days). I can confirm that Corl does not grow any lotus but I'm wondering whether Hedrack is a secret gardener. He has to have some form of relaxation...

Some oddities (not bugs because I can't reproduce them):

In the Tower fight a witch summoned a spiritual weapon close to the entrance. I was unable to target it with either melee or spell (didn't have dispell magic to test that sadly). It attacked and functioned normally and only went away when it timed out. Was a little strange as I thought spiritual weapons now had hit points?

Met a group of 3 lizardmen in a random encounter. Two held what appeared to be stone axes in their left hands. When they attacked it seemed to show that they were not using their axes (hard to tell what they were doing as they couldn't hit any of my test group).

The earth temple torturer seems unable to break off combat even when you select the right options to allow him to live. Could someone try this and check whether I'm having a glitch. (I'd retest but I'd already killed him in Ironman mode and my test group is a long way past that point ><).

And finally:

has the Smigmal encounter had the chance to spot the truth increased? Or am I just being a numbskull? No objections if it has been increased but if someone can confirm/deny this that would be cool.

12. Livonya

Did you go and talk to Corl after you chased him off? I suggest you do that now.

If the quest is still active then you simply haven't gotten to the map with the lotus on it... other people are finding it now, so I know it is working... just fate has been working against you I guess... like Jaroo said, "it's a rare flower."

- Livonya

13. nitewolf

nitewolf Packleader

As far as I can tell, you have to choose attack from the radial menu, then click on the initiave pic. I can attack them that way, but I have yet to hit
    it...

I have a different prob in that fight.

After one of the witches casts animate dead on a corpse, she trys to do it again and again on the same corpse in subsuquent rounds. She has also tried to animate some bodies that aren't quite dead yet (in the negitave hp range, but not to -10 yet). that attempt also fizzles.

14. Livonya

Spiritual Weapons ONLY have hit points when you cast them. You can't target them, as you noted, so they work correctly when NPCs cast them. The fix I did was for when you cast them.

All conversation triggers have been increased.

I will look into the other stuff.

- Livonya

15. nitewolf

nitewolf Packleader

Liv, I don't know if you saw this. It seems I was editing this part into a prior post while you were posting, and it got stuck before your post...

but...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!