Co8 7.0?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Salk, Jul 29, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Salk

Salk Established Member

Hello!

I wonder if we could be updated about the next version and if decisions have been taken about a barebones edition (I'd really LOVE that!) which was mentioned in the News on Nov, 2010.

I am asking because I can not find much information about it and according to the same news above, a release was more or less planned for the first half of 2011.

Thanks! :tetter:

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Let's see, barebones: there has been absolutely no movement on that, and frankly it's not a priority and is at this point very unlikely (at least from me). I really do think that most people don't realize anymore that most of the custom content that's in the standard modpack isn't vanilla content, so who would we be catering to? An ideal? Plus, there is far too much stuff to do with the NC to spend time stripping stuff out further to go in the other direction. If I had nothing else to do, maybe, but ...

7.0.0: will contain a bunch of new stuff, most notably War of the Golden Skull. This is a bit of a different WotGS though, with a massive Hextor inavsion of Hommlet being the principal theme (and the Hextorites the common enemy), and nothing to do with finishing the castle et al.

Also REVENGE. The Scarlet Brotherhood is out to get you. The Hextorites are out to get you. Everybody is out to get you, and they are all serious.

New maps! - The Verbo castle interior has been redesigned from the ground up. There is also a new hidden map in Verbo. Plus Ranth's quarry map.

New NPCs! - WotGS's Ariakas, who will join you to fight the Hextorites; a new information broker in Verbo; another prominent authority figure in Verbo, this time a woman; among others.

New monsters! - Stone giants, tyrants, and The Gremlich (who shall remain a mystery until you meet him - which will not be for tea).

Other stuff! - bugfixes, tweaks, worldmap locations, methods of travel, etc.

As I said elsewhere recently, the earliest we could see 7.0.0 would be late August. You will be informed of the release in due time, and well ahead of time. It will not be a secret.

3. Salk

Salk Established Member

Well, thank you very much for this nice update, Gaear!

I really appreciated and I'll be looking forward to Co8's next release!

I do understand why you guys think that a barebones version is a low priority project. That version though would surely appeal to those that played only the vanilla game and are looking for a fixpack that would make the original experience as smooth as possible. But I believe that such people would be percentage-wise a small number; after all the game starts to be pretty old and there are probably very few (but I am one of them! ;) ) that never completed the game.

Keep up the great work and again, thank you! :hug:

4. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

I for one would not want to play a bare bone version. I much prefer NC and all the fun entailed in it.

Thanks Gaear for even more hints and allusions for what we may find in 7.0 and while we shall have to wait for the release, I eagerly will play through it as soon as it may be available. Thanks again, as always, for all the hard work and time you and the other modders have put in to make this one of the best role playing games. :)

5. emo_ome

emo_ome Butcher Of Hommlet

In the past mods..one of the "scarlet brotherhood" told me to watch my back and someone might get to me.. I waited for them, but they didn't. good thing now that they're serious ;)

6. Gaear

Informal update: I'm fighting with ToEE right now, so some time apart has been in order. Hence, little progress in the last while. Chances are slim that you'll see anything by the end of August, but it still won't be too far away. Rest assured, again, that the appropriate formal announcements will be made well in advance of any releases, along with most likely some teaser screens. :)

7. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

Hey Gaear, do you have anything to tell about Etterboak? Is that going to be made into the next release or have you not decided to?

Once again great job on all the work :)

8. Gaear

Nope, there will be no Etterboek in 7.0.

9. Oakheart

Oakheart Member

Not the end of August huh? Ok... *replces full bucket of drool with new bucket* Okay. I'm good for now, but I am running out of buckets.

10. WinstonShnozwick

Well I will live with WotGS in the next release :D
    But will Etterboak be made in the future, or will it never be?

11. Gaear

That's still undecided, but nothing has been done with it thus far.

12. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

That wouldn't have anything to do with the tunnels under the ruined Pelor temple, would it? Cause it's been one of those "I wonder what this room's for!" places for me.

13. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

That is my guess too. I remember when I first found them I went exploring, hoping for some goodies and encounters, and just found----blank. So we shall see what may await us down below. :)

14. WinstonShnozwick

:twitch: I remember those, I went all the way to the end of them, and it seemed so likely that there would be something to do there. I'm looking forward to all the new stuff in 7.0, it sounds so awesome!

15. Gaear

Heads up: there will definitely be no v7 at the end of August. Continue to watch the news forum for any meaningful updates.

:wave:

Our Host!