HEY DHOOM.....Masterwork Feedback for ya

Discussion in 'Negative Energy Plane' started by qwert_44643, Sep 27, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. qwert_44643

qwert_44643 Member

I just wanted to say i was playing with this and i didnt see no masterwork longswords,thought id bring it to your attention.I feel you did an excellent job by the way :)
    qwert

2. Dhoom

Dhoom BIG Troll Berserker

I could find the MW Longsword or the MW Halfling Saingham (sp?)... I have the longsword proto # now, so I'll update it, and it'll go out in (probably) the next patch.

I do want to add that this is a temporary measure, until we can figure out how to modify the actual REAL buying screens, and inventory for the shopkeepers :)

We're fairly close, I think.

3. Nomad_Wanderer

Nomad_Wanderer Established Member Veteran

So far it sounds like we didn't screw up the game... Or at least no one's screaming ver y loudly about it... lets put it in as soon as its ready.. A minor rev like adding a new weapon is alot less signifigant the whole feature being new..

4. Akira4332

Akira4332 Member

Unlockable MW

What if instead of just giving the players the option to buy every single type of MW weapon possible, you instead have it so that you must bring MW weapons you find to the smithy, which then unlocks his ability to make that type of MW weapon for you?

i.e. he can make simple masterwork weapons such as daggers and longswords, but for him to make a MW bastard sword you need to bring him one you find first

5. Garner

Garner Member

Err... well, see... that's rather the whole reason for this workaround.

There's a decided lack of masterwork items in the game. Over on the Atari boards, you'll see people screaming about needing a masterwork spiked chain or longbow, and I've never read anything about anyone discovering them.

If we could find a masterwork bastard sword, or spiked chain, or longbow, or whatever, in the first place there wouldnt be a need for this mod.

6. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes Member

Ppl only scream when you nerf.
    Only when you nerf.

7. Glamis

Glamis Member

As I mentioned in another thread, I think the idea of directly "commissioning" masterwork items from the appropriate vendor should be the final "designed behavior."

The smith should make masterwork metal armor and weapons.

The leatherworker should make the masterwork leather items.

The tailor should make masterwork padded/cloth items.

As for wooden items... pick one of the above. :)

Masterwork items are not supposed to be rare in D&D, they are just expensive.

8. Dhoom

Dhoom BIG Troll Berserker

heh... already have it set up like that -- I based what MW items they create off of the Buy type...

Metal (blacksmiths)

Leather (Leatherworker)

Cloth (Tailor)

Wood (Carpenter)

Our Host!