Circle of Eight Modpack v6 / v6 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Provodnik, Dec 30, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chano

chano Established Member

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack 6.0.0 / 6.0.0 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

A few things.

1 Otis was killed in imeryd meadows, i then removed him before raising him, do not ask me why but now he just stands there, if i talk to him it is as if he is still part of the group. but he cannot come along, charming him does not work.

2 got the oolhgrist quest from both belsornig and allrem and when going there to talk to him in my fire robes i was attacked first by the troll to his right and when i killed that he attacked me and died. I then went back to belsornig and explained, but when going back to Allrem i only get the option to say, "no news, just passing through" that seems like a bug.

3 saw it mentioned above, Mathel is too easy for a level 2 cleric with improved turning.

2. Forgalz

Forgalz Established Member

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack 6.0.0 / 6.0.0 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

So what? Welkwood Bog is for 1st level parties.

3. guinness22

guinness22 Nexus of the Crisis

Good and Sun. Sorry I searched and didn't find anything, I will check again for the other thread.

Thanks
    g22

4. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Its the monks, rangers, clerics thread.

Good domain per SRD:

Granted Power

You cast good spells at +1 caster level.

Good Domain Spells

1. Protection from Evil: +2 to AC and saves, counter mind control, hedge out elementals and outsiders.
    2. Aid: +1 on attack rolls, +1 on saves against fear, 1d8 temporary hp +1/level (max +10).
    3. Magic Circle against Evil: As protection spells, but 10-ft. radius and 10 min./level.
    4. Holy Smite: Damages and blinds evil creatures.
    5. Dispel Evil: +4 bonus against attacks by evil creatures.
    6. Blade Barrier: Wall of blades deals 1d6/level damage.
    7. Holy Word F: Kills, paralyzes, slows, or deafens nongood subjects.
    8. Holy Aura: +4 to AC, +4 resistance, and SR 25 against evil spells.
    9. Summon Monster IX*: Calls extraplanar creature to fight for you.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spellLists/clericDomains.htm#goodDomain

I don't think Blade Barrier is in the game, Holy Word is, not sure about Holy Aura but it doesn't seem that difficult, and obviously SM IX is in the game (as noted in the other thread, I wish the domain SM and Summon Nature's Ally spells were more specific with what you can get, obviously for the good domain you should only get good monsters).

Sun Domain:

Granted Power

Once per day, you can perform a greater turning against undead in place of a regular turning. The greater turning is like a normal turning except that the undead creatures that would be turned are destroyed instead.
    Sun Domain Spells

1. Endure Elements: Exist comfortably in hot or cold environments.
    2. Heat Metal: Make metal so hot it damages those who touch it.
    3. Searing Light: Ray deals 1d8/two levels, more against undead.
    4. Fire Shield: Creatures attacking you take fire damage; you’re protected from heat or cold.
    5. Flame Strike: Smite foes with divine fire (1d6/level damage).
    6. Fire Seeds: Acorns and berries become grenades and bombs.
    7. Sunbeam: Beam blinds and deals 4d6 damage.
    8. Sunburst: Blinds all within 10 ft., deals 6d6 damage.
    9. Prismatic Sphere: As prismatic wall, but surrounds on all sides.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spellLists/clericDomains.htm#sunDomain

1-5 are in the game, fire seeds should act like the flaming oil/acid that was added in the mod. Sunbeam and Sunburst are not in the game, but should just be upgrades to Searing Light. Not too sure how Prismatic Wall would work.

5. chano

chano Established Member

Are you trying to insult me?
    If you want to tell me that WB is for level 1 only, please say so with out the sarkasm.
    We are all entitled to our opinion in here without prejudice.

6. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Necroticpus once reported that you can't SHIFT-click the Merchant's Scales. This is still the case. Is it possible to fix this?

The Rusty Dagger is still in the ravine at Emridy Meadows (see 2 screenshots below for its exact location). You can see it without the need to hold down the Tab key. Will you please remove the rusty dagger?

One time during a combat in Emridy Meadows, the game's combat mechanics malfunctioned (see 2 screenshots below). My fighter could not attack a skeleton gnoll that was within the area that my fighter threatened, yet my fighter couldn't attack the skeleton gnoll. When I held the mouse pointer over the skeleton gnoll, a projected movement path in the opposite direction away from the skeleton gnoll was displayed when I held down the Alt key. I eventully managed to get my fighter to attack the skeleton gnoll, and I have not experienced any other abnormal behaviour in my game since then. The bug seems harmless.

Preston Wetz has dialogue that seems to me to be erroneous (see screenshot below):
    I heard they were at the Snake Pit and the Brothel... and the Boatman's Tavern."
    I was under the impression that the Snake Pit and the Nulb brothel were one and the same place.

Attached Files:

7. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

What happened to the barrel in Smythe outdoor area? Am I losing it, I thought it was always there. I use it to dump the notes, letters, clubs and slings, and books I don't need or can't sell. It was under his covered work area where he works at night.

8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

We're not going to artificially inflate Mathel's hit dice to make him challenging for higher level parties. Being as the primary purpose of Welkwood is to serve as an alternative to Hommlet fedexing to get to level two, Welkwood has to be doable by a level 1 party.

Can I assume you're not playing 6.0.0 NC?

That's correct.

Yes. Ted, can you provide a long description for the Merchant's scale, please?

No matter what I do, I simply can't find the rusty dagger in Emridy Meadows. It's proto is not in the EM maps folder. So no, if it's not there I can't remove it. And the skeleton that is spawned there during the slavers fight doesn't carry a rusty dagger, so it's not coming from him.

Fixed.

The barrels can spawn at different locations.

9. guinness22

guinness22 Nexus of the Crisis

Gaer, I am playing 6.0.0 NC. Strange. I have now finished the playthrough so no big deal. Everything else worked as advertised, except I think I had an incidence of a ToEE non-spawning door outside of Falrinth's chambers so I could never get to the rest of Level 3 that way.

Also, thanks General Ghoul. I found the thread you referenced, and saw the discussion. Appreciate you outlining it here as well. It works as you suggest, I did get Holy Word for my Level 7 Good Domain spell.

Awesome stuff guys. I've probably played through about 9 or 10 times playing various Co8 modpacks, and this was the most enjoyment I've had! Thanks all, for your hard work. Think my next play through will be an Evil party to partake of Verbobonc a little more...

g22

10. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the big three ambush reset after the first round of combat. The web spell disappeared, then dialogue started again, but it was short (3 lines) starting with "You observe...".

Edit 1: It is happening between every round of combat. I actually gained a level between two rounds lol.

Edit 2: I think it stopped at the 4th round.

After thinking about it, it may be linked to one of the three npcs being alive. I dont think it is the monk since I killed him quick. I killed Zert last so it may be him. Probably a sans_heartbeat script firing.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  11. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Hmm, i just noticed that Lodriss (Nulb) does not actually come with you when you select the [head out to the docks with her] option. I was hoping to use that as a perfect opportunity for assassination, but no go...

EDIT: NVM, missed another dialogue option.

Some more stuff:

The dialogue forcing you to report assassination quest to Wilfrik after finishing the Drow job is utterly annoying. Can't we players get a choice or something?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  12. Gaear

Weird, that was supposed to be fixed. I'll look at it again.

Two really strange things about this: 1. no one has reported it until recently, even though it hasn't changed since early 5.9, I think; 2. It is indeed Kobort's heartbeat script (Lord Hungous used to have the same problem) ... and apparently the usual 'if not combat is active' bit (i.e., DON'T DO THIS DURING COMBAT) is not stopping it. :roll:

ToEE ... how dearly I love your idiosincrasies.

You mean the buggy dialog? That was supposed to be fixed a while back too. What version are you on?

13. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Just finished 6.0.0.NC thru slavers and the hextor fight and I didn't get the completion dialogue for the hextor fight. It's in the dlg file tho.

14. emo_ome

emo_ome Butcher Of Hommlet

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack 6.0.x / 6.0.x NC Bug Report Thread

Running 6.0.0 NC, known bug from previous version. playing the monster mashy quest - killed hextor priest in the temple near the circle stairs. trying to report it to canon ramses, no dialog for completing the quest.

also, there are some wrong dead mini/small portrait for the hextor cleric and priest.

15. Gaear

Gah - I see now that there was a separate variables issue. Will be fixed, sorry.

@Ausdoerrt, the Wilfrick assassination report bug was fixed in 5.9.2. Are you just saying you don't like having to tell him that, not that you're telling him that when you haven't talked to anyone about assassinating him?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!