What do you want to see? The Sequel.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Ranth, Sep 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
?

What do you want next?

1. Mid Level Quests (8-12)

10 vote(s)
    16.1%
  2. High Level Quests (12-15)

20 vote(s)
    32.3%
  3. Insane Quests (15+)

27 vote(s)
    43.5%
  4. Adjust Encounters to make more challenging (Lareth, Moathouse, HB)

23 vote(s)
    37.1%
  5. Add in fun random encounters

31 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. War of the Golden Skull

32 vote(s)
    51.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Torrato

Torrato Savage Merc

First, the modders are awesome and if they never did another thing they would still be awesome.

Second, just a wish list.

a. Masterwork Tetsubo
    b. Maul wielded One Handed with Exotic Weapon Prof
    c. Monk pants that leaves chest bare (corset is fruity)
    d. My wife to understand my deep love of TOEE and leave me alone when I'm playing.

Gratis

2. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Put your monk in the kilt, the animations rock!

3. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Good luck with the last, though maybe hypnotism may help. :)

4. Number99

Number99 kicking Iuz

Isn't there a company developing a potion for that? :)

5. Torrato

Torrato Savage Merc

I read that the Temple of Pelor in Verb was going to be more integrated into the game. It would be cool if they could craft some holy weapons for you. A holy greatsword would be nice.

Also never got why Cal could craft holy maces in Hommlet. Good is not within Cuthberts Domains, so no holy smite. I did notice that when Cuthbert appears to run off Iuz, he has a lawful mace. (Has it always been that way or did you guys change it?)

This may not be the place, but while I'm thinking about it, would it be possible to have a shop in Verb that could craft for you (at an extremely high rate of course). I have a lot of groups where I always have to take along some Wiz or Cleric just to craft. In those particular groups, I really don't want the craft guy as a PC.

You guys are awesome in whatever you do. co8 is good. There you have it.

6. TheLadiesOgre

TheLadiesOgre Member

What I would really love to see is the Books of Exalted Deeds/Vile Darkness content integrated...

7. TheLadiesOgre

TheLadiesOgre Member

I was thinking about this thread today while I was playing TOEE, specifically post #2 by necroticpus. He mentions raising the level cap to 30 and adding epic level content (among many, many other things). I was reminded of this when I got the Wand of Chain Lightning and was reminded of how it IS epic level content. Wands cut off at level 4 spells, yet the Wand of Chain Lightning exists.

This makes me wonder what all other epic level content may be waiting in the wings... :yes:

8. xmojo

xmojo Member

If anyone has major time on his/her hands, I would love to see the full campaign i.e. the follow-up modules to T1 and T2. That includes the Scourge of the Slave Lords campaign, Against the Giants campaign, the Descent Into the Depths campaign, and the final epic conclusion, Queen of the Demonweb Pits.

I remember back in the Eighties, I ran the entire series with a regular group most Saturday nights, and we got through to the Descent Into the Depths part of the campaign. Sadly, we all grew up and went our separate ways without finishing it; we didn't even make it to the drow city and Lolth. And we we using AD&D original rules (version 1), with some of the party characters having psionic powers.

Would be awesome if some of these modules came out as a continuing storyline for ToEE.

9. Krashino

Krashino Member

Muhaha, time for my large and evil list of ideas...

-A large amount of new Towns.
    -Mercenary type NPC's you can hire (lots of these)
    -Many more locations
    -More classes! For example, the polar opposite of a Paladin.
    -Giant Mutant Killer Cow People
    -A giant Ant Hill that serves no purpose whatsoever.
    -If more towns are added add the ability to buy housing in EACH town.
    -The ability to kill off a king and gain control of his land.
    -More spells! Lots more spells! Player created spells!!! (Whats the use of a Sorcerer or Wizard if he/she cant spend 3 months locked up in a tower thinking up new spells to rip apart goblins and humans with?)
    -Possibly a way to meet and challenge every God and Goddess
    -Higher level cap, or no level cap
    -Mega Goblin, a 30 ft goblin that carries a giant stick with a dead horse tied to the end, like a flail... except with a horse instead of a giant ball of spiky goodness...
    -More monsters! Many more Monsters! I want to be able to swim in a 6 ft swimming pool of blood drained from each non random encounter I witness!!!!
    I shall think of more....
    Oh! Mutant Pandas!

10. chengc02

chengc02 Member

11. rayd36

rayd36 Member

More Brothels?..... Just kidding.... :D

12. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Yessssss ... maybe a whole "Red Light District"! :transform

13. Nickiow

Nickiow Member

Castle ownership, that then leads to Lord Protector Office, charged with raising the manpower to protect the Realm.

New Buildings added to Castle, Forge and Fletcher, perhaps.

Now your a Lord, its your Duty to provide men for the Citys wars, so is it possible to emplemnt a mass combat style effect, by a mechanism of creating soldiers, ie spawn men who you then equip as Men at arms/ Archers etc, take on missions to ncrease in leveles etc, to use in mass cambat to repeal an invasion of the City by Undead Horde, Drow Invasion Bad party, incite na civil war to take over the citys control,or whatever fits the long term scheme of the story arc.

Series of small skirmishes ( to increase your Lvl 1 new troops to higher Lvls) which lead a couple of larger battles, to the second battle of the Meadow, or invasion of Verb if its esasier to keep all these new characters on one map)which has a massive invasion for you to counter, no need to send your uber charcters except as leaders, you want to increase the exp Lvl of your troops in these mass combat missions, that cost a small fortun to equip and provide for.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  14. Flak88

Flak88 Member

I think we need some mid level (10-15) content. There's plenty to get you above 10th level even with a large party. I'd like some content to get a couple of levels to be able to tackle some of the big nasties (slavers, thaddeous, monster mash, golden skull).

I love the drow battles and maybe a couple more of fights with the really big bugbears (see 2nd and third level of temple) would be fun hack and slash and give oodles of XP.

15. Flak88

Flak88 Member

Just responed to another thread and thought of something that might work. How about an assassination ambush from Darlia and the Brotherhood. I always thought there should be more to them and they're way too easy to kill in the bistro. After the first encounter, buff them up, add some numbers and have them set a trap.

Our Host!