Circle of Eight Modpack 5.9.x/5.9.xNC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Necroticpus, Aug 27, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oakheart

Oakheart Member

Ok, after porting back to Hommlet, you can use the book to go back to the Arena, but still no Arena Master. So I will try to figure out how to force the spawn of the Arena Master. If anyone knows the command to spawn him, that would be a great help. In the meantime, not sure if this is a one-time bug, or a consequence of the new patch.

2. Oakheart

Oakheart Member

Ok so I was able to ~create 14578 to spawn the arena master, and it appears I will be able to continue normally once I am ready to face the hill giants.

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I've only played a few hours of 5.9.3NC, but it is a pleasant surprise to find it ready for the holiday. :yes:

The new and improved guard house encounter is freaking perfect!

It was soooooo awesome to see and hear Larek giving his speech as he casually heals one of his fallen troops ... MAN that was coooooool!

I stopped playing because I just had to tell someone. :Being_a_s

4. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

The following information applies to 5.9.2 NC:

Furnok's Ring of Invisiblity is pre-identified.

After killing the 3 fugitives, I was able to exit the Inn of the Welcome Wench without Glora Gundigoot confronting me. However, the next time that I entered the Inn of the Welcome Wench (which was a few days after I had killed the 3 fugitives), Glora Gundigoot immediately confronted my party and demanded that I compensate her for the damage that I had apparently just caused upstairs. Glora Gundigoot needs her dialogue routines fixed so that she initiates dialogue with the player's party when they have just come downstairs after killing the 3 fugitives.

In Nulb, when I killed Hruda (Hermonger's Daughter), there was a DO NOT USE arrow next to her corpse (see screenshot below).

There are 2 DO NOT USE bullets on the northern side of the ground level of the Inn of the Welcome Wench (see screenshot below).

There is a DO NOT USE bullet just below Meleny in Filliken's house (see screenshot below).

There is a DO NOT USE bullet in Ploceus' (weaver's) house (see screenshot below). The house is just north of Brother Smyth's house. The bullet was partly hidden by Ploceus' corpse so I had to pass time until the corpses in the house disappeared.

I believe that there is a DO NOT USE bullet in Fruella's house (see screenshot below). It's where the mouse pointer is. The blue dot is partly obscured by the wooden framework of the house. Fruella's house is the eastern most house above the river that runs through Hommlet.

Attached Files:

5. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

The following information applies to 5.9.2 NC:

The Silver Banded Mail +3 (that the player loots from Canon Ramses' corpse) has the incorrect monetary value (worth). It is only worth approximately 1300 GP (see screenshot below). It is supposed to be worth thousands more GP.

After completing The Rescue of Paida quest, when I came back to Hommlet many days later and entered Valden's house, there were 2 Valdens in his house - 1 Valden was standing in the large room, while a doppleganger of him labelled "Wheel and Wainwright" was in the small room to the east (see screenshot below). When I spoke to the "Wheel and Wainwright", he had his dialogue options updated to where Valden's were, and when I then spoke to Valden in the large room, his dialogue options were updated as if I had just spoken to him instead of the "Wheel and Wainwright" in the small room to the right. Their dialogue routines where behaving as if they were one and the same person.

I noticed 2 spots in Nulb where circular water ripples kept eminating in the swamp water. The first circular water ripple was just southeast of where Preston Wetz stands, and the second spot was just south of Sammy (see screenshots below). The 2 different spots had different types of circular water ripples. The circular water ripples to the south of Sammy would randomly change their spawning point slightly to the left or right every now and again. I have NEVER experienced jerkstop in Nulb (even while the circular water ripples were present). Another Co8 forum member previously posted a screenshot in this thread of circular ripples just to the east of the Hommlet Sign Post. Using the Nulb Sign Post does not cause jerkstop for me.

I started using the Hommlet Sign Post a lot. Shortly after using the Sign Post, I started experiencing jerkstop while moving my party around Hommlet. Using the Hommlet Sign Post causes jerkstop in Hommlet! If you get rid of the Hommlet Sign Post, then I reckon that jerkstop (and the instances of my PCs being frozen in combat stances when exiting the Inn of the Welcome Wench) will cease in Hommlet (for me at least).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  6. Oakheart

Oakheart Member

Anyone else have the issue with the Arena master? (look above all the pictures)

7. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Twice now i've saved and quit,but when I come back the game wont run. The hourglass comes up but no spinning disc and Toee.exe doesn't start. Have to re-install. I've been using the same set-up for 2 years, just adding the mods as they come out. Activated vanilla and it wont play either. Not sure what's going on here.

8. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

My McAfee AV thinks the exe is a trojan.

It never gave me any problems before this version, (5.9.3).

I wonder if it has to do with the no-CD required setup?

I can run the 5.9.3 just fine with my AV turned off though.

It's just a pain that when I turn my AV back on for my regular PC uses it hunts down the exe and removes it, which means I have to go through the activation process again before playing.

It was easier to just insert the disk. ;)

I do understand the reasoning behind the new no-CD setup, Gog friendly, right?

9. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Well I also have encountered the arena master bug, and will try the fix.

Also the masterwork moon ivy armor has no description when you right click it, and maybe because of this you do not get the radial menu option to use the poison property of it.

Or has that been removed? If so then why is the armor so expensive without that bonus.

10. Flak88

Flak88 Member

Just tried the arena and had the same issue. No respawn so no teleport back to Hommlet. Unfortunately for me, I have also have the console issue so I can't get myself back out.

11. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

No luck with the AV(AVG) turned off. Guess I wont be playing 5.9.3.

12. Hugh Manetee

Hugh Manetee Established Member

I'm using the gog version of toee.
    It worked fine unpatched with 5.9.2 nc but when I install 5.9.3nc it can't find the root directory and tells me to install patch 2.
    Patch 2 says it can't find any version of toee.
    Perhaps it's looking for an Atari version.
    Any ideas/ solutions ?

13. guinness22

guinness22 Nexus of the Crisis

cez/oak - I too have the Arena Master issue.

cez - my masterwork moon ivy armor has the description and the ability to poison from the radial menu. dunno if it matters but I have my brb2/dr4 wearing it.

g22

14. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Okay, I confirmed the Arena of Heroes/Master of the Arena bug and will have a hotfix for it shortly. Sorry.

What version of the game are you running? (Disks, gog, etc.)

The Co8 modpack now uses the patch 2 no-cd, and lots of AV software thinks it's a virus (has done so for a long time). This is not unique to Co8 - see the gog forums for other examples.

As Agetian said in his community announcement, we moved to including the no-cd based on the precedent set by gog. It benefits gog users, certainly, but it also benefits the literally hundreds of players who have reported bugs associated with being unable to play without a no-cd, and subsequently using the wrong no-cd, among other things. Our inclusion of the patch 2 no-cd in the modpack means players are automatically using the correct executable. Unfortunately, if your AV software doesn't like it, it also means you will be bothered in that fashion.

We feel the benefits of the former far outweigh the detriments of the latter. Complaints should be directed to your AV software manufacturer for falsely identifying the no-cd as a virus/malware.

What can't find the root directory, the RAR archive?

15. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Extract the contents of this to ToEE/data/scr and overwrite to fix the Arena problem.

Attached Files:

Kaelryk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!