And now for something completely different

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by General Ghoul, Oct 19, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Here's something you don't see everyday, 4 ochre jellies camping out by the campfire on a random encounter:

[​IMG]

Which one brought the marshmellows?

2. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Maybe they wanted to heat up Melany for a mid night snack.

3. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

That's what I do!

(The Larch)

4. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Wow, that's a LOT of PCs there, GG.

5. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

6 with Zaxis, I've got a party with unusual weapons, I like to see some of the more unusual critical hits and animation. Halforc female barbarian with a scythe, wearing black robes and a black hat looks a little more like the WWE's Undertaker than the Grim Reaper. Also a paladin with a greatsword seems to crit more often than not, once did 75 damage to a pirate, I imagine that split him in half head to crotch. Heavy pick is pretty cool critting as well.

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ochre jellies around a fire - now thats just funny.

If anyone with artistic skills wants to improve that fire, have at it :)

7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I think this is even better than zombies around a fire. You could imagine that the zombies might be dimly reflecting, somewhere in the remnants of their minds, upon their former lives during their quiet moments. Ochre jellies not so much. ;)

8. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

I became curious about this threat becose of the Monthy Pyton's call, but what I see inside is a little more insane yhat I shall imagine even for a bunch of crazy english people...

But think about this: A small group of level 1 adventurers - a bard, a rogue and... and a wizard! - are walking around the Krom Hills, whn they set fire for a little camp by the night. The watcher (unfortunatly this was the turn of that wizard...) get in a deep slumber, and the group is attacked by a group of Ochre Jellies! (Meleny's father always says to her to take care about those things becose something similar happens to a group when he was young)
    The jelly that eats the Wizard just have eated enough to have a children - or to make a clone, I don't know nothing about the jellies reproduction - and the other two are waiting to see if the same will happens to they! (actually, those two things are a little envy about the cloning thing of the one that have eated the pointy-hat-guy, and they have decided to wait to ambush another group that cont with another pointy-hat-guy for they to eat!)

See? It's tottaly plausible!

9. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Sadly, there aren't quite that many new animations :(

My fav. exotic weapons are fans - for looking cool - and Daos for efficiency: Dao is basically same as a longsword but still counts as a light offhand.

10. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Never used fans before, but that is something I had not known before, with the Dao's. Have to give them a try next play thru.

11. Lum Levits

Lum Levits Member

This is a perfect example of why you do not build a fire while in D+D land. Some wonderful player of 4 characters obviously thought he could get away just one night with a fire.....rolled the Random Lich Encounter...and poof...polymorph other.

Let this be an example to you all.

12. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

On the Ochre Hand ...... :evilgrin:
    One of the funniest "In Game" moments that I saw was playing Caesar III several years ago. I was scrolling around my city map making sure the peons (ahem ...... citizens) were doing their jobs and that the city wasn't collapsing or burning to the ground when I saw one of the City Engineers leave the road and walk on water across the river to get get to his Engineer Post. I know that Jesus was a Carpenter and a Roman citizen (at least he lived in the Roman Empire) but still ......

13. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

So Jesus is the ONLY one who can walk on water?

14. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

No. My ex-demon thought she had the ability also most times.

15. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Nope. Just the only "confirmed sighting". Kinda like Sasquatch or Yeti :evilgrin:

Our Host!