Cezmail's Discoveries-old and new

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by cezmail, Sep 10, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. darkfeld01

darkfeld01 Ancient Lurker

Actually if you go to the rogue at the wench (Furnok) and talk to him with the locked diary, you can ask him to open it for you with out taking him into the party with you. I did this with my group that didn't have a rogue.

2. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Thanks for the heads up. Just learned something new myself with this bit of knowledge. :)

3. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

How did you set up the hot key?

4. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Hit control and a letter-hold them down, and then use the radial menu to place the hot key for the function you wish it to be. I also use hot keys for my helm of reading magic as well as area of effect spells.

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

THANKS!!

This will come in handy. :yes:

6. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

My pleasure. I have come to use the hot keys quiet a bit on routine stuff to save time and radial use.

7. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Ok just had a cute animation. New group going after the bugbears. One of them is at -9. My sorc casts grease and the the damaged bugbear suddenly and seemingly jumps to life, gets to its feet, and the slides down as if it slipped. Then of course it his -10 and was Ko'ed. :)

8. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

This is an oldie, but for any newbies who may not know, you can use your cure spells and your paladin's lay on hands against undead and bodaks to damage them with the positive energy. Nothing like doing a Heal on a Bodak and watching them crumble into nothingness. :)

Also helpful should you come across a groaning spirit on a random encounter and you do not have magic weapons.

9. nitewolf

nitewolf Packleader

Regarding the locked diary problem, you don't need a rogue, anyone can take the open lock skill, but it may take a few levels to get it up to an appropriate amount to unlock things. You can only get a 1/2 point per level.

10. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

^ That's really not worth it, wasting so many skill points just to open it. After all, at this point the diary offers little that's of use, since multiple characters offer you the map location of both Nulb and Temple.

11. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Exactly, which is why I always disliked making it so tough to get into. It's mainly just a plot device, and now that you can't get into it without hassle, it becomes an old news plot device by the time you do. It's like we're eliminating what precious little story is there.

12. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Ok a new discovery for me. Running a paladin/monk in my current group and he has two weapon fighting. Using a monk weapon in his right hand and a mighty cleaver in the off hand, he gets to use his flurry of blows, albeit with the -4 penalty for the heavy weapon in the off hand. Switch the weapons so you have the mighty cleaver in the main hand and you loose your flurry of blows.?!

13. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Well, I think if Furnok drops the price for opening it a bit lower than a ridiculous 500gp, it'd be reasonable.

Then again, I guess I agree with you about making it easier to get into, since it's really the only way to get to Nulb if you "accidentally" kill everyone who could give you the info.

14. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Dare I ask why ... you would make this build? Seriously, edgamakate me. :twitch:

15. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

In P&P its a good build, high saves, self reliant, good damage output. But the video game doesn't recognize specific paladin orders, so there is no multiclassing back and forth for paladins and monks, so you need to start as one or the other and decide when to flip over since there is no going back.

Our Host!