Circle of Eight Modpack 5.9.x/5.9.xNC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Necroticpus, Aug 27, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Many thanks, I'll see if it works for me.

Also, has anyone ever had trouble with the tilde (~) key? I got a new laptop and my game doesn't recognize it anymore - meaning that I can't do "select all" or use the console. Any solutions? I was thinking maybe there's a way to change key bindings for TOEE.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  2. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

My animal companion has been paralyzed for a week and unable to help when attacked. I went to Jaroo, but I am not given the choice to fix spell permanency. Am I missing something. I would just dismiss him and start anew, but he has survived since 1st level and seems to be leveling up as well, a jackal who started with 27 hps, now has 41 and was hitting regularly.

3. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

You can just dismiss it and the new one will have just as many HP as the old.

4. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

No, I saved and tried, new one came in with 32 hps. I think its random, but possibly based on the character's level vs the animals HD.

5. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Ok, guess I am on a roll with bad advice, so sorry folks. Though maybe what I have done with my animal followers had to with my setting of max hp and max HP per level. Thanks for the quick correction GG and I guess I had be more careful with shooting off my mouth without checking sources and not just posting away.

6. mmonagle

mmonagle Established Member

As a follow up on Corporal Holly, I was finally able to attain the Village Bicyclist reputation. :peace:
    She is also a great NPC = 10th level fighter, 18 str, 14-15 wis, 14-15 dex, 12-13 con.
    Finally, just as a functional note, I took her into the tunnels, battled the remaining drow and when we came back out into VB, she left to give her report.

7. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

The detailed description for the Copper Starburst Pendant has a typo:
    "This light copper amulet was found in Emeridy Meadows."

I heard that strange sound again (that lasted for a few seconds) when I arrived at North Hommlet after travelling on the world map from Emridy Meadows. I've only ever heard that sound twice (once in my playthrough of 5.9.1 NC and once in my playthrough of 5.9.2 NC). The sound only occurs when my party enters the Hommlet map near the Church of St. Cuthbert (it occurred in 5.9.1 NC when I exited the Church of St. Cuthbert, and it occurred in 5.9.2 NC as described above). The sound has so far only occurred once during the entire game. The sound sounds similar to grandiose music or someone casting a spell but the sound/music gets cut off and I've never heard it anywhere else in this game. I never heard that sound in 5.8.1 NC, so I believe that a modification to 5.9.x NC is causing the sound to occur. Has anybody else heard this sound before?

Some other players mentioned recently that a rusty dagger was in the Emridy Meadows map. Well, I scoured that map and the only anomaly that I found was the rusty dagger stuck in the chasm (see screenshots below for location of the rusty dagger):

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  8. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

That is the dagger I mentioned myself. I always wondered why it was there.

9. zebrainz

zebrainz Yumm

I think I remember some posts about not being able to pick up that rusty dagger. Just enlarge a person with a reach weapon and they can pick it up. Dimension Door does not work. Looks like a plain rusty dagger to me.

10. bradrinwi

bradrinwi Established Member

Okay yet another instalment in How to kill R and G unintentionally..

started a new freash Un consoled game..

went thru the quest

did the agents /traders at 3rd l/4thvl right after moat house etc.. and..g died*lucky crits*
    R started to do the invis thing was melf' acid arrow'd

vanish as the second tick went off and combat ended

no body no pile of stuff so i figured r got away... got the traitors rev flag in my log book rep

no ambush no ambush

hmmmmm

checkd thru the flags turns out lvl of party is fine.. rep flag is fine.. but both [814] and [815](r and G) come back as 1s (which means dead)

so yet again i killed off r and G LOL only thing i can figure is second tick of melfs went off on the heartbeat where R escaps causing him to vanish and diie

luckily a game.global_flags.... later i had the ambush in nulb
    moral is .. use non lethal damage and no slpells on r and g since they seem to die to me consistantly.. LOL

11. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

I usually kill one and let other go. If you do that, the other escapes.

12. Oakheart

Oakheart Member

A minor bug... in the frog fight when you to get the fish for Grud... if you 'break free' from the big frog, it then just sits there and lets you kill it, round after round. When this happened once I did'nt think much of it... just a random little gremlin. But it happened again the same way in a new game with a new party. Not sure if this is a 5.9 thing, or a vanilla thing.

13. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Sadly I can't figure out where this stuff is defined. :(

Fixed. The regular one was priced wrong too.

Fixed.

I can't replicate this.

Well, Captain Absalom and Holly are not really topical unless Lerrick comes up. I have added the Lerrick option to the already-have-the-quest dialog node though, so you can get it that way now, but you can't inquire about finding Lerrick if you've already talked to him. I don't mind this being sort of uncommon anyway.

The only time he doesn't have anything to add is if he's already told you about each of them. I've added an out line though that says someting to that effect. (This dialog technique is used to avoid the endless dialog cycle problem.)

I've noticed that sometimes attack via dialog can be delayed. Hungous and Co. are a good example ... you actually stand there for a second or two before it starts. How long does Guntur wait? He always fought in testing. There's not much more we can do about it anyway if the game doesn't want to cooperate.

Fixed.

Fixed.

Fixed.

Bardic courage music?

Weird ... I can't find it. Is that before or after the Slavers?

I think I've seen that behavior before. It's certainly nothing we did.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  14. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Umm, so the Slavers quest... I am kind of confused. I found them and of course could just kill them outright, but I wanted to follow through with the quest story and thus went to talk... Well, I get to the point where she orders me to kill the boy, and what next? If I do, nothing happens; they all just stand there and look at me >___>

EDIT: Okay, something seems to be wrong with the woman's dialogue. My PC gets the only default exit dialogue response (sth like "I"m going") after her "You will then kneel and return the sword to the scabbard on my hip. Is that clear?" line, when I should be getting the alignment-specific response to carry on the dialogue instead. No idea how to fix that though. My party is LE btw.

OK, figured it out. The dialogue's checking for a global flag 801 to see if it's "1" and mine returns "0" instead. Setting it to 1 manually can work as a quick fix for anyone who has the problem. I do wonder what's going on though.

Also ugh, the encounter seems like too much to handle for a lvl 10 party, will have to wait till later since I don't feel like cheating my way through it (Cloudkill across the rift and before any dialogue happens kills them all in a few turns).

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  15. Flak88

Flak88 Member

Working to finish a 5.9.1 game and it seems that the rings of minor fire resistance are not working. The Salamandar's in the fire temple and the node are lighting me up. Anyone else notice this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!