Circle of Eight Modpack 5.9.x/5.9.xNC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Necroticpus, Aug 27, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Actually just posted an update with my own headache on those misbegotten mud ruckers. They finally showed up, but I wonder what the variable is to make them show up or not. Maybe someone could do a fix if others also have problems with the ambush.

2. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

If you attack the traders and one or both escaspe, you get the Target of Revenge rep. They will show up sooner or later. Usually sooner. Better be ready.

3. mmonagle

mmonagle Established Member

I'm on a 5.9.2 run and the trades plus their gang tried to ambush me in my house in Nulb. If they are not showing up, just trying exiting and re-entering your house in Nulb a bunch of times until they show.

4. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

The following errors (mistakes in red; omissions in green) are displayed while the player has the Craft Wondrous Items screen open:

Horn of Goodness
    Prereq: @-2Alignment: Good

Monk's Belt
    Prereq: (null)

Robe of the Archmagi (Grey)
    Prereq: Alignment: Neutral

Robe of the Archmagi (White)
    Prereq: @-2Alignment: Good

Sitra Achara, I just want to report that the assassin showed up fine in my playthrough of 5.9.2 NC after I applied your fix.

I applied your fix for Lodriss as well. I haven't talked to her yet. Is the fix going to work properly or does every player need to type in the console code that mmonagle did in order to get it to work? Did mmonagle only have to type in the console code because he talked to Lodriss BEFORE he applied the fix?

Webbed characters can select Break Free from the radial menu each round (which makes them attempt a Strength check to break free of the web). If successful, then the free character is able to move approximately 5 to 10 feet. If the character is still in the area of effect of the web spell, then the character can get stuck in the web again next turn if they fail their saving throw.

5. bradrinwi

bradrinwi Established Member

re ring of freedom of movement

as i posted earlier turns out they do work..

the game just shows the chars wearing them as being webbed or held but when thier turn comes they can move and act normally even though mouse over and the ticks below char portriats say webbed/held etc...

6. bradrinwi

still having ambush issues perhaps its just me can anyone tell me the console fix to start the ambush if there is one or is there a lvl req party is 7thlvl

ive tried going in and out of house traveling the world map

waiting out time

reloading from a previous save and re buying the house etc
    got the warning from preston every time ..

and then..
    no luck..

failing all else which npc in the description.mes are supposed to show up and how many of each Ill console/create in my own planned ambush LOL
    i

7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Brad, no offense but you should be aware that your extensive console use basically makes your feedback meaningless to us. We can't categorize it at all because we don't know what you've done to alter your game. e.g., who knows if the Nulb revenge issues you're facing now are related to some console action you did earlier? No way to tell. That's why for some time now we've gone with the policy of console use = voided warranty. Sorry.

8. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

I finished a play through of 5.9.2 this morning. Just wanted to report that the ring of freedom of movement worked fine for me in the gnome tunnels, no problem at all. The spiders in the big spider room shot webs all over the place and no one got stuck because they were wearing rings.

Also, I didn't get the assassin encounter. I just initiated combat with R&G, killed one and let the other escape and went to Nulb. The assassin turned up in the house at the ambush, which I think is mo betta. The wizard can't just stay tucked away in the back hurling death because the assassin starts behind him waking away with sneak attack criticals.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  9. bradrinwi

gaear i totally understand and Im referring to a game with no console use

no offense taken I scrapped the ressurected R and g game figuring id probably changed to much.. and started again clean

10. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

The masterwork repeating crossbow that you can be given from Jerith is only valued at 1GP, 1SP at appraisal skill 27.

11. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

@Brad:

Try typing the following console code:

Code:
    from utilities import *
    group_average_level(game.leader)

What does it return?
    If it returns 5 or less, then the game thinks your group's effective average level is insufficient (it requires 6 or greater).

If that's not it, verify that all the other conditions are met. I gather you're a technically inclined fellow, so I'm just going to post the code:

(taken from py file 802)
    Code:
        if (attachee.map == 5085 and game.party[0].reputation_has( 23 ) == 1 and game.global_flags[94] == 1 and (game.global_flags[815] == 0 or game.global_flags[814] == 0)):    
            party_level = group_average_level(game.leader)
            game.global_vars[759] = game.global_vars[759] + 1
            if ((game.global_vars[759] <= 2 and game.random_range(1,4) <= 3) or party_level <=5):
                return RUN_DEFAULT
            else:
                   [spawn code]

rep 23 is the Target of Revenge rep, flags 814 and 814 are the "Rannos / Gremag is dead" flags, var 759 is the # of times you've entered the house.

12. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

What's that assassin fix some people here are talking about? I couldn't find it browsing the thread, could someone link me to it? I have the problem where I'm not getting the assassin encounter after selling Lareth boots to traders.

13. mmonagle

There is a non-sticky thread that is titled 'Assassin not showing up?' that has the fix and code in it. You can find it at: http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8452

14. mmonagle

I am on a 5.9.2 run and have encountered the following:

1) On the second level of the temple, there is a group of brigands in the Southwest. In their room is a loose sling bullet on the floor. This is same sort of loose bullet that used to appear in the moathouse dungeon. I think that it has been there since vanilla but since the others were cleaned up, I thought I would mention this one.

2) On the second level of the temple, there are two werewolves behind a secret door. One of them says that he is both unconscious and dead. See picture below. It did this in 5.9.1 as well so this might have been around a while.

3) I had a lot of trouble getting Corporal Holly to join my party. I made a special effort though and figured out how to do it. I think it needs a bit of work however. The only way to do it is the very first time you talk to Prince Zook, you need to specifically select one of his dialogue choices (I will put it down at the end in case this is a spoiler). If you don't select the right one and if you don't do it on the first try, then you're out of luck. I also found that if I let anyone tell me about the Drow, then Zook would go a different route in his conversation and I would not be able to select the one choice. This included Wilfrik. So I found that usually the best thing to do was just go talk to Zook first before I talked to anyone else.

4) When you talk to Captain Achan and ask 'Can you give me that information on the fugutives again?', he does not. Instead your only option is to say something like 'Good day'.

5) When you confront Gunter Gladstone, you can decline his offer to let him join your party. At that point, he says that you will not take him alive and the only choice is to attack. However, the attack is not initiated and everyone just stands there. Verbobonc villagers outside will cry out though as though an attack began. This happened consistently on multiple re-loads.

6) In the gnome tunnels:
    A) The drow wizards have 2 sets of black leather gloves and black leather boots.
    B) The drow priests have both plate gloves and black leather gloves as well as plate boots and black leather boots.
    C) The drow fighters have 2 sets of gilded plate gloves and gilded plate boots.
    D) The drow rogues have 2 sets of black leather gloves and black leather boots.

Just seemed like they are unintended duplication.

7) Lydia at the Spruce Goose will tell you that one of her barmaids went for a drink with the Viscount's daughter and never returned. She says this even though Jenna has been rescued and is walking around the establishment.

Zooks dialogue choice: How do you do, sir?

Attached Files:

15. bradrinwi

sitra bokor tov:) speak to me in code such sweet words:)
    lol seriously though i can totally follow that..
    checking it right now...
    and Thank you

okay my lvl is fine and i have the revenge flag but it thinks r and g are dead

I dont believe i killed em both perhaps heartbeat did something weird .ticked off his last few Hp ue to spell effect.. killing off r as he vanished and escaped???

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!